Author Topic: When ice will coming?  (Read 7005 times)

Offline olegmagellan

• IceShanty Rookie
When ice will coming?
« on: Dec 27, 2006, 02:27 PM »
I am tired to wait for ice maybe anyone know iced lake near  Montreal area?

Offline dabluz

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: When ice will coming?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2006, 01:56 AM »
No frozen water near Montreal.  You will have to go north of Mont Laurier for ice.  But, the cold weather is with us now.  There should be ice very soon.

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2006, 06:51 AM »
Only ice near Mtl is in my freezer right now >:( >:(....but they're calling for colder temps in the next few days.....should be good soon in some of the still water bays....but it will be awhile yet where there's any type of current...be smart out there...we've waited this long...better to be safe than sorry...

M

Offline olegmagellan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2006, 07:49 AM »
No frozen water near Montreal.  You will have to go north of Mont Laurier for ice.  But, the cold weather is with us now.  There should be ice very soon.
I saw today forescat it looks not to bad,but temperature enough to freeze small area,what do you think about Lake St.Louise and big waters?

Offline olegmagellan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2006, 07:51 AM »
Only ice near Mtl is in my freezer right now  ....
I Like it  ;D

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2006, 07:55 AM »
It will still be awhile yet before you'll be able to get on those waters oleg...need a few more days of cold temps to get some safe ice...

Mike

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2006, 10:20 AM »
-18 tonight in Ottawa  :) You and Scummer should try and make it down for some pannies and pike next week sometime...there's a solid 3'' on a few spots down here  ;) ;) By the looks of the long term forecast we should see at least 6''-7'' later on in the week... :tipup:

Also going to see Ed tomorrow to pick up my new Marcum VS-250 Underwater veiwing system...Yipee :whistle:

-Andrew

Andrew

Offline olegmagellan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2006, 11:06 AM »
It will still be awhile yet before you'll be able to get on those waters oleg...need a few more days of cold temps to get some safe ice...

Mike
I just came from point de cascade and saw near shore ice about inch but at the bay near dam ice enough to walk there i tried it!!!!!
Also freezing started near quote water.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2007, 03:36 PM »
The best ice is what the Habs play on!!!!! I don't think they want you to drill holes on their ice. ;) ;) ;)
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline olegmagellan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2007, 08:23 AM »
The best ice is what the Habs play on!!!!! I don't think they want you to drill holes on their ice. ;) ;) ;)
It looks the same !
No ice steel

Offline olegmagellan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2007, 01:07 PM »
Today i found ice 2 inches i used to walk.but not strong i hope tomorrow or soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Darth-Baiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2007, 01:28 PM »
Soon, real soon.. I can smell it now.  The geese on the river have finally gotten the hint and left town I think... didn't see them this morning and the river is iced over so I am hoping the quiet bays on the lakes are well under way.

Best to wait a while though, had a very unpleasant experience this summer in the ocean, almost drowned trying to save a little girl stuck in a rip tide... mother nature is stronger than us sometimes.

Bonne saison 2007 tout le monde !

DB

Offline olegmagellan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2007, 01:31 PM »
Soon, real soon.. I can smell it now.  The geese on the river have finally gotten the hint and left town I think... didn't see them this morning and the river is iced over so I am hoping the quiet bays on the lakes are well under way.

Best to wait a while though, had a very unpleasant experience this summer in the ocean, almost drowned trying to save a little girl stuck in a rip tide... mother nature is stronger than us sometimes.

DB
[/quote
Try to check forescat incredable -31 gonna be!!!!!

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2007, 02:54 PM »

DB

Lake aylmer is frozen over, not sure how thick it is but I bet by the 20th I will be able to go ice fishing.

Sturgeonx ;D
Bad Day of Fishing is better than a good day of work!!!!

Offline olegmagellan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:19 PM »
Lake aylmer is frozen over, not sure how thick it is but I bet by the 20th I will be able to go ice fishing.

Sturgeonx ;D

I think sooner than 20

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2007, 04:08 PM »
i  HOPE SO!! ;D

Sturgeon

Offline olegmagellan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:08 PM »
i  HOPE SO!! ;D

Sturgeon
I am sure tomorrow morning will try again

Offline Darth-Baiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2007, 07:59 AM »
-34 next week... Sturgeon -I've got that ice auger all gassed up ready to go ! ;D

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2007, 09:20 AM »
I can't wait to go!!!

I am not working  >:(so anyday is good for me now ;D

Sturgeon

Offline olegmagellan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 12, 2007, 09:50 AM »
Hey gentlemans maybe  will take me  with you to see your methods .If it is possible

Offline downharley

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 12, 2007, 11:26 AM »
so cuz, where we going first?  and when?  lol.

Offline Darth-Baiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 12, 2007, 01:02 PM »
Hey Cuz

Anywhere it's frozen and within a two hour drive.. that's how bad I'm itchin !  I am really hoping the first outing will be on Memphre but I'm open for suggestions !

Just received my arsenal of lures for 2007 season.

Sturgeon wants to go too, I think he's suffering from cabin fever.  PS- great movie if you're bored - rent it.

cheers

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 12, 2007, 02:47 PM »
I am winterizing the boat and getting my ice gear ready.

Hopefully memphre will be frozen over, if not there is another lake I fish during the summer that will be frozen over, but I haven't figured out the walleye their yet during the winter. Mind you I never looked around much for them either.

There are some perch, nice ones but I never really targetted them either during the winter.

Sturgeon

Offline northwind50°

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 12, 2007, 03:10 PM »
Hi guys!
We have near 15 inches of ice here but no time for fishing...sorry
NW50°
It's important to be patient in life. ice fishing is the better place to find it and learning the real thing...;)

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 12, 2007, 03:32 PM »
Hi guys!
NW50°

T'es pas mal chanceux!!!

Lucky guys, you just need to find the time.

Sturgeon

Offline dabluz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 13, 2007, 12:17 AM »
Hi guys!
NW50°

My buddy and I plan to go to Chibougamau real soon....for a day of fishing.  Another of our fishing buddies moved to Chibougamau a few weeks ago.  He has been fishing a little but he mostly targets lake trout.  We plan to go for pike and walleye mostly.  Are there any places you recommend to fish where we don't have to walk too far yet have decent fishing?  We plan to bring a bunch of small fresh frozen smelt as bait.  I've heard that such bait is hard to get in Chibougamau.  Nightcrawlers are cheap and easy to get here in Chicoutimi too.  Should we bring nightcrawlers too?  Is there anything you would like us to deliver to you?

Offline northwind50°

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 13, 2007, 12:15 PM »
Salut Dabluz,
How long is your smelts? I'm interesting for smaller and Icebigboy surely. Bring small smelts to catch walleyes and we have more success with jigging rod. We have smelt in Chibougamau but there are big. For pike, tip up is great. Almost all of lake have walleye but without snowmobile?? Try lakes near 113 road and forestry road Barrette Sud. Good luck and keep us informed of your trip. NW50°
It's important to be patient in life. ice fishing is the better place to find it and learning the real thing...;)

Offline dabluz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Jan 13, 2007, 10:32 PM »
Salut Dabluz,
How long is your smelts? I'm interesting for smaller and Icebigboy surely. Bring small smelts to catch walleyes and we have more success with jigging rod. We have smelt in Chibougamau but there are big. For pike, tip up is great. Almost all of lake have walleye but without snowmobile?? Try lakes near 113 road and forestry road Barrette Sud. Good luck and keep us informed of your trip. NW50°

I've got about 8 dozen smelt from 3 to 4 inches long.  I use real small hooks (size 12) when fishing for smelt.  Some smelt I catch are so small, they are almost transparent.  I use those for big brook trout in the Saguenay.

Offline Darth-Baiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:38 AM »
Any Ice reports out there for the region ? Memphremagog, Champlain,Lac Brome ???

I am wondering if it will be ready for this weekend, with the cold temps this week.

Offline downharley

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 16, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Hey cuz
My dad went by champlain on the weekend, still open water.
He said he could see waves.
I believe around here we will be extremely lucky to be fishing by the end of this month.
I'll call Sorel this week and be in touch.
Brian.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.