The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Putting the permanent house on LOW  (Read 1220 times)

Offline drjongy

• IceShanty Rookie
Putting the permanent house on LOW
« on: Jan 06, 2005, 09:31 AM »
We are putting our permanent house outside Zipple Bay on LOW this weekend.  Any word on what depths we should be looking at?  Thanks.

Offline panfishpmp

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Putting the permanent house on LOW
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2005, 12:13 PM »
I know a guy has a trailer right on Zipple we fish out past all the houses in about 35 feet looking for mud. I have a spot or two in my GPS i can bring coords tommorrow to work if you have GPS. I wont give you my number one spot, but my number two I'll throw out... lol Let me know if you have a GPS

Kevin Kiffmeyer

I have some  picture of what we did  but for some reason I cant figure out how to post pictures. Nothing huge size wise but I was looking for numbers ( caught about 45 myself). we also hit Red Lake and got some NICE crappies. Again I have pics but no way to get them up :) Have a good day
Kevin Kiffmeyer

Offline drjongy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Putting the permanent house on LOW
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2005, 12:20 AM »
We set it out at 24 feet and had a real good weekend.  Lots of action all day both Saturday and Sunday.  Had a buddy at about 20 feet and he didn't get a bit unitl about noon.  Had another friend around 31 feet who was slow all day until the night bite.  I know as the year goes on it's better to get deeper all the time.  At least in the deeper water you can get some sauger action in the afternoon while the walleye bite is slow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.