Author Topic: Patience was a virtue  (Read 835 times)

Offline swampman910

• IceShanty Rookie
Patience was a virtue
« on: Feb 12, 2021, 09:58 AM »
So two weekends ago me and my cousin decided to make the trip to Bantam, home town pond wasn't really ready yet. It was cold it was windy but was nice to be out with family, first time we got to go out in two seasons together. Set up around 8am nothing but a few wind flags. Started to break down my shelter and finally at 430 as we are taking the poles out of the shelter we had a flag. Ive been skunked alot at bantam but today was not that day.

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Patience was a virtue
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2021, 10:59 AM »
Nice pike! Whenever I break down my stuff I always leave one tip-up set to the bitter end. If my car is close to the fishing spot I leave the last tip-up in until the car is loaded and I'm ready to leave. Amazing how many times it pays off.

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2021, 11:37 AM »
I do the same thing mungo. one time i went back to get the last trap and as i bent over the flag went up and hit me in the face. fish to the last second. by the way it was a 10" rainbow

Offline Hooking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2021, 06:21 PM »
Great fish! The "one last cast" mentality worked for me when open water PowerBait fishing for trout with my daughter. We packed up the car with the line still out, and came back to some tugs. It made our day. Glad you got such a beautiful pike to save the day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.