Author Topic: Bantam ice  (Read 507 times)

Offline That Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bantam ice
« on: Jan 25, 2013, 01:48 PM »
Never fished it before and was thinking of heading up tmrw just wanted to see how much it had I planned on bringing the quad with me just wanted to make sure I had enough ice

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Bantam ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2013, 02:17 PM »
For that you need to check yourself my friend, if you listen to what the internet says you may swim that quad one day and we'd hate to have that happen.  Bantam is huge and people fish only a number of areas so someone could say 5" you go drive accross from North Bay to South Bay and go for a swim.  Good luck!

Offline That Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2013, 02:56 PM »
It was directed as a general idea I was not asking for exacts i spend plenty of time
On this website even through out the off season and complained myself about people asking where ice was but that was early season when ice was scarce the point of this website is to be helpful to each other not have a pissing match about who drives to check ice more its no secret bantam is fishable just like most other places in te state and especially the me  it would have been simpler for you to say nothing at all I'm well aware of ice formation and deformation due to underwater structure and current  a simple general idea of ice condition was all I was asking for but thanks anyways

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2013, 03:22 PM »
that guy he is just trying to save you from having to pull the quad out. happened to us at lake george 2 years back and the ice was 7-9 inches most places it just takes one bad spot, just use your judgement. i wouldn't want to take out my quad with out atleast 6 inches

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2013, 03:28 PM »
Just saw someone with a utility vehicle on the ice on my way home 15 minutes ago.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.