Author Topic: lott's of questions needing lott's of good answer's thanks!  (Read 798 times)

Offline azzlevt

• IceShanty Rookie
does everyone use bibbits? what's a good color scheme? does anyone have a die they'd like to talk about passing on to a rookie ? what's a vex machine a.k.a. FLASHER?  what would i use one for? does or has anyone used a GREEN LIGHT?? for day or night fishing? or is it another cluster %$@#!? Are maggot's good and when?
    biggest question... i see everyone buying pin head's and other small bait minnow's... for attracting fish to there holes... how does this work? do they pour them down in an attempt to attract fish that arent there yet? or do t hey find them first then use them to keep them there? and how deep of water will this work in? i can't imagine pouring seven dollars of bait in a hole too deep. i couldn't see how they'd attract anything? or do they immideatly rush for the bottom of the lake  no matter  how deep for more oxygen/warmer water?
         im sorry that's probably too much to ask about in one question.  but thanks for all the good answere's so far...

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: lott's of questions needing lott's of good answer's thanks!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2007, 08:10 PM »
well i can answer two of those questions for ya,
a vexilar is like a fish finder, here is a pic to show you how it works, you can see you jig go down on the screen, and you just let it fall to the fish, then jig em up, you can then see a line start moving up to your jig, representing a fish, you can see where i circled the bottom on the top of the screen, and the fish toward the middle

the vex has helped me and a buddy ice 860 fish so far this year, now that i've used it i wouldnt go fishin without it!!! and others will tell you the same!! You wont be sorry you bought it if you did!

Yes maggets will work but i prefer spikes at least in michigan, red spikes, glow spikes, pink spikes, and just the regular old spike, and also mousies.  Hope this helped good luck fishiN!

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2007, 07:11 AM »
You are right, that is a lot of questions!

Bibbits are great in shallow water, but I don't have the patience to use them in deep water.  I have a variety of colors.  Sometimes the fish are very picky and only hit one color, but most days they will like either a light or a dark color.  Read the electronics board for a ton of info on what a flasher is.  I have a Marcum and it works great.  I have a green LED light, it's for night fishing and it hasen't worked yet, but I'm still trying.  The pinheads go on the hook, not down the hole.  Dumping bait down the hole is illegal in Vermont.

One more tip.  Most of your questions have been answered before, just check out the different fishing tips boards.

Good luck!   :tipup:

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2007, 09:32 AM »
What's a bibbit?

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2007, 11:50 AM »
Bibbit = Small lead jig

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.