Author Topic: Ice Fishing DVD's... Help!!! Please!!!  (Read 1287 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice Fishing DVD's... Help!!! Please!!!
« on: Mar 05, 2007, 07:33 PM »
Looking for links and *GPS waypoints* for good ice fishing DVD's. Particularly yellow perch, crappie and walleyes. I see Dave Genz has a bluegill DVD, but I'm not into 'gilling. Anyone have it? Good? Bad? Indifferent? May get it just to watch the thing then eBay it.

Are there any DVD's dealing with tip-ups around?

Thanks in advance for any help you fanatics can give me!

~ G

Offline bigfish_1556

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Fishing DVD's... Help!!! Please!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2007, 08:03 PM »
Don't rule out the old-school method of edumacation.....books and mags! Check out the local library's catalogues too!
"A man is only as big as that which makes him angry" -Adlai Stevenson

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2007, 08:05 PM »
I would get in touch with the "In Fisherman" magazine.  They have an extensive list of DVD's .....not positive about ice fishing, but my guess would be Yes.

IceBalls

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2007, 04:01 AM »
best advise is to ask people on the ice when you are fishing most people will give you all kjnds of advice and tips on how to do things   plus trial and error works to :thumbsup:

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2007, 08:17 AM »
Yes, In Fisherman has at least one ice fishing video. It's called Ice Tech. It's good, deals with jigging but is still pretty interesting. I think I got my copy at Kittery Trading Post. You may want to contact them as a start.

Also if you find a good tip-up videon let me know. I would like one!

Tight Lines!

Offline Slammerman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's SLAMMIN' TIME !!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2007, 10:13 AM »
I'm currently working on an ice-fishing DVD. Hopefully I'll get out and get some footage this afternoon. Of course, my main focus is on the Slammer Tip-Up, but I'd be interested to know what kind of information and entertainment you're looking for on an ice-fishing video.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Offline DonW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2007, 10:16 AM »
The "In-Fisherman" has an ice fishing video called Ice Fishing Essentials or something like that. Hope this helps and good luck.

Tight Lines,
DonW

Offline Reel Wet Ride

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ft. Myers, Florida!!! WHAT?
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2007, 10:36 AM »
I can tell you exactly what I'd be looking for in an ice fishing video. UNDERWATER FOOTAGE! Looking at a fish coming through the hole is great, but I can see that when I go fishing.  Use the camera to show these different slopes, transitions, structure that the fish are using and how they relate to them.  Use a split screen showing different rod movements and how it makes the lure / jig act underwater. Show how on some occasions fish respond to aggresive jigging, while on others they prefer subtle movements, & ofcourse, illistrate what this fish/lure interaction looks like on the vexilar too. Maybe throw in a small segment dealing with the natural prey the fish are forging on in that particular lake, that particular fish species. Tip-ups, no different. Use the camera, set it up so we can watch actual strikes, or passes, and then give assumed reasons why the fish took the bait or refused it.

Show Fish, Show Bait, Catch Fish, Release Fish, Fish on a Lake that isn't a "world class fishery", cause catching a 40lb northern in Reindeer Lake is great, but teach me how to catch a 10 out of Long Lake, right down the street, and I'll buy your DVD.

RWR
Falling through the ice means driving home naked!

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2007, 08:53 PM »
Infisherman has 3 or 4 dvds. However a couple of them are verrrry dated. I am talking 80s. We need some new stuff showing todays electronics, techniques etc.

Offline Mountaineer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2007, 09:11 PM »
I looked hard to find ice fishing DVDs and did not come up with alot.  I have Babe Winkelman's Ice Fishing, The Cure for Cabin Fever.  It is dated, but has episodes on walleye, northern pike, rainbow trout, perch, crappie, and bluegills.  Not bad, but definitely would like some new DVDs using the lastest technology. I did see an icefishing show fishing for perch on Lake Erie where an underwater camera was used.  I keep looking for ice fishing shows, but don't seem to find any on any outdoors channels.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:25 AM »

You may want to check out FishFever.com. They have an extensive video selection as well.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:48 AM »
Save your money, spend it on fishing stuff, the best way to learn is to go fishing.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.