The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 4 Dasy trip planned could use some advice  (Read 1449 times)

Offline richardras

• IceShanty Rookie
4 Dasy trip planned could use some advice
« on: Jan 25, 2010, 12:37 PM »
I am getting ready to deploy for the fifth time.. I am trying to plan a trip before I leave around the 22 Feb-24 Feb was planning on fishing a diifferant lake each day unless one is really good, and staying in a Motel each night since not every lake has sleepers or huts for rent. I have picked two lakes already Delavan and Lake koshkononing which are both a 10 hour drive from here. Anyone have any suggestions I would Appreciate them. Also is there someone to rent a gas Auger since four days could really be no fun useing a Hand Auger. Thanks

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 4 Dasy trip planned could use some advice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:26 PM »
Since you are in the area,  Lake Geneva is usually a good bet. As far as a rental auger - sorry I don't know of a place, but if I find one I will post.

In addition, give Dick Smiths Bait a call - they will be more than happy to help you out.
www.dicksmithslivebait .com

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2010, 11:41 AM »
If the fishing up here picks up I would be glad to take you out for a day.  I have all of the equipment and a permanent shack if it is cold.  I could do Feb. 20th or I would even be willing to take a day off of work on the 18th or 19th.   It is the least I could do for someone that serves our country.

So far my local lake has been a tough bite but if you willing to drive up to Eau Claire for a day I will make time to get you out on the ice and hopefully catch a mess of fish.    How many people are fishing with you?

Offline richardras

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2010, 05:48 AM »
Thanks for the advice that takes care of one day of the trip 3 more to plan lol

Offline edfalc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: 4 Days trip planned could use some advice
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:18 AM »
if you're anywhere near the Eagle River area , i'd be proud to show you some of my hot spots and buy all the bait....my little Brother is a wounded vet who will never get to ice fish so if you need help finding fish , or a place to stay , or whatever , let me know...........

AND THANK YOU SIR
Shut up and FISH

I Fish for Those who Can't

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:32 PM »
If you were down my way I'd be happy to take you out.  My Son in law did 4 tours and my Son plans on joining the Army soon.  I have the utmost respect for you guys and the sacrifices you make.  God speed and stay safe.
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline richardras

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:54 AM »
Hey Thanks looks like the trip is coming together

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2010, 02:15 PM »
My offer is still open, let me know if you are interested in fishing with me.  I have all the gear/bait and a permanent shack on the lake if we need it.

Offline richardras

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:11 AM »
I will be there the morning of the 22nd to start this adventure...........Th anks for the help

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2010, 08:09 PM »
Richard,

I will see you on the 22nd!  I'm trying to get some info on an additional lake or two just so we have some options in case the first lake is slow.

Offline richardras

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2010, 09:55 AM »
Thanks all we had a great trip.. Everyone up that way was more then helpfull..We didnt set the world on fire with fish but it was alot of fun. Hope we can make it up that way again sometime. Again thanks to everyone who show us a good time with great hospitality.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.