The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Any WI members fish Shawano lake?  (Read 3703 times)

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
Any WI members fish Shawano lake?
« on: Dec 17, 2009, 09:23 PM »
if you do, did you go out yet this year, any luck? i plan on going out this weekend. tips advice will be great.

Offline madporider

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Any WI members fish Shawano lake?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2009, 10:51 AM »
yeah i fish it mostly during open water but have been getting out there more during the hard water season. Early season and most anytime you can try cecil bay usually decent panfishing there with some pike as well I like to target walleye but they are a little sporadic but we did manage a 27" eye late ice last year
give a man a fish and feed him for a day teach a man to fish and his wife will hate you for the rest of her life

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2009, 10:23 AM »
I lived by Shawano Lake for over thirty years.  Great lake, always got fish there.  Want some tips.  Sidle up to a cluster of  anyone of a thousand shacks, put a six pac of beer on one side of you, a pot of hot coffee on the other side.  When someone walks by complain of not knowing what your doing.  Then ask them to sit down, and have a beer, or cup of coffee.  Then let them talk, YOU keep quiet.

Offline madporider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2009, 02:39 PM »
so thats what that guy was doing i thought he was just tired and still wanted to catch a buzz
give a man a fish and feed him for a day teach a man to fish and his wife will hate you for the rest of her life

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2009, 06:58 AM »
so thats what that guy was doing i thought he was just tired and still wanted to catch a buzz

What ever works, right ;D

Offline blackhawks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2010, 05:58 AM »
Fished here one time and went to Cecil Bay (along with many others).  I should have done the 6 pack and Thermos full of coffee trick!! 

Offline madporider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2010, 11:44 AM »
talked to a cpl guys on the upper red in gresham they said they fished shawano and it was slow so they tried the upper to see if anything was any better wow that was a mistake i havent had nor seen a flag go up in five days needless to say im heading out to shawano this weekend to try it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.