Author Topic: Mantua  (Read 595 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Mantua
« on: Dec 16, 2013, 07:12 PM »
Went up there with 3 others and had a good outing.  First fish on was a 5 inch gill that went right back into the water.  Next up was a double on trout.  The largest (16.25 inches) hit first and 3 seconds into the fight the jaw jacker let loose and the second was hooked.  Got them both on the ice.  Then the well went dry and about 1:30 I decided a move was in order.  Moved about 30 yards and drilled 2 more holes and in 5 minutes caught 7 gills and one perch.  Then it slowed to a crawl with maybe 5 more caught in the next hour.  All in all it was a good day for our group.  We caught rainbows, perch, gills, and bass.  I don't have a total number for you but it was maybe 75 total for our group.  Nice day and the weather was great with plenty of sunshine and very little wind.

Life is good!
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Mantua
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:02 PM »
Sweet  :thumbsup: nothing like some back to back trips dubob, sound like you guys and gals had a great day at mantua. I'm assuming k2 made it up there with you. I have yet to ice a bass yet but its definitely on the bucket list and i'm sure this is the place it will happen at
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Mantua
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2013, 12:27 AM »
this is becoming one great fishery and producing some good catches.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.