Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Humminbird Ice 45  (Read 3663 times)

Offline iaslab

• IceShanty Rookie
Humminbird Ice 45
« on: Dec 19, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Anybody using one of these units? I got one for xmas last year and I seem to have trouble picking up my jig in 10' of H2O or more. I have tried adjusting the gain but then there's more interference on the screen. I'm never had this problem with the vexilar.

Offline ripNlips83

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Humminbird Ice 45
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2009, 12:39 PM »
I puchased one last year and had problems with. Traded in for a fl18 and love it!

Offline iaslab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2009, 12:51 PM »
Where did you trade it?

Offline ripNlips83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2009, 02:04 PM »
I got it from scheels got it home and all it would do is spin wouldnt lite up. So i tried charging it all night and nothing. so i returned it and went with the vex.

Offline fishiowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2009, 07:39 AM »
I got it from scheels got it home and all it would do is spin wouldnt lite up. So i tried charging it all night and nothing. so i returned it and went with the vex.
Had one last year, took it back to Scheels they gave me my money back. Just ordered Marcum LX3

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2009, 08:16 PM »
bought the ice 35. Works great so far

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2009, 08:23 PM »
Anybody using one of these units? I got one for xmas last year and I seem to have trouble picking up my jig in 10' of H2O or more. I have tried adjusting the gain but then there's more interference on the screen. I'm never had this problem with the vexilar.

Are you using the factory float setup? if so get ride of the support cable. Tricky to get the ducer perfectly level sometimes.

Offline iaslab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:18 PM »
yes, that smaller cable is still attached to the main transducer cable about 12" above the transducer main cable. Do I need to cut that short cable off at the transducer?

Offline carpdoctor

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Springville,IA
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:15 AM »
Last winter a lot of folks had problems with the support cable. It was causing the transducer to not hang level in the hole. This resulted in  people have to turn up the gain really high in order to see their jig.  Marcum or vex either one have a support cable. I would ditch it and see it that helps

Offline ejensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2009, 07:47 AM »
yes, that smaller cable is still attached to the main transducer cable about 12" above the transducer main cable. Do I need to cut that short cable off at the transducer?
I think it just clips on and you can just slide it off.

Ed

Offline iaslab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:58 AM »
I.m thinking I might just cut it off at the transducer. What do you think?

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:44 AM »
Its just a clip on cable to bypass patents made by the other companies. Just remove it and see if it helps.

Offline walleyewinder23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who bait.
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2009, 03:56 PM »
I have the Genz Pack Fl8-se. It is a really good vex. Personally, you really don't need fancy stuff. Just a good working fishfinder and some other gear and BAM! Your ice fishing. ;D

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:07 PM »
I.m thinking I might just cut it off at the transducer. What do you think?
You don't have to cut anything, just pull off the clips and unsnap the black 3 fingered clamp on yop of the transducer and take out the short cable then reatach one of the clips above the foam to set your depth. Just play with it till the ducer is slightly below the bottom of the ice.

Offline iaslab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2009, 10:21 PM »
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Offline icehead79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2009, 04:35 PM »
thanks woody,  I was having the same problem with mine tried it out works much better,I was about to take it back and shove that unit were the sun dont shine for as much as they cost..

Offline iaslab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2009, 07:37 PM »
I've popped my support bracket and cable off my tranducer....boy I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for all the info guys! ;D

Offline icehead79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 28, 2009, 11:14 PM »
sorry guys hope i didn't give u false hope went out today and same thing happened had to turn the gain way up to see the jig it worked fine last time..I'm calling humminbird tomm to see what they have to say if not someone gettin this piece of s##t back going with vex

Offline iaslab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 29, 2009, 08:00 AM »
I'm SOL! I got mine last year for xmas. The wife bought mine at Cabelas. If this dont work, I guess I'll probably go buy a Vex. Next question: Do I buy a vex or a Marcum?

Offline tyson457

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:58 AM »
as long as u have the box and everything just take it back to basspro or scheels and exchange it they dont need a reciept for exchange

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:07 AM »
Good luck to you guys, I have heard HB has excellent cust serv for those with issues. I have not had any probs with my 35 bird but it is a backup/guest unit and not used as much as my Vex.

Offline icehead79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:44 AM »
contacted humminbird today wanted me to send it in said it would take about 2 weeks i cant wait that long so im packing it back in the box and going to try gettin a marcum if not i will go with vex. wish me luck should have just went with old trusty in the first place. I guess as they say live and learn..

Offline iaslab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 29, 2009, 02:38 PM »
My wife got it at cabelas last December. I just got back from fishing and it seemed to work better with the support cable off the trandsucer

Offline icehead79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:24 PM »
well just an update packed it in the back no questions asked bass pro refunded me the money  ;D

Offline Phish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:13 PM »
well just an update packed it in the back no questions asked bass pro refunded me the money  ;D

Good to hear the return went without a hitch.

Offline icehead79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:20 PM »
thanks phish just went and got me a new fl18 ultra pack at cabelas now i just got to hit the ice and try it out. Should have listened to my buddy in N minn when he told me to stick with vex but u know i always willing to try new things,but cant wait to go see him in the upper red

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.