The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Congratulations  (Read 1582 times)

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
Congratulations
« on: Feb 27, 2011, 08:23 AM »
Congratulations to the Prairie Farm Ice Fishing Team for placing second in the Wisconsin High School ice fishing contest. Well done!! It could not have been done without the support of the school staff and the dedication of their coach(es). Thanks to you all who helped make it happen.

Offline Gman64

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It Cant Be Time To Go Home I Still Have Bait Left!
Re: Congratulations
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2011, 08:24 AM »
Good deal anytime you can get kids exposed to this or any outdoor activity its a good thing!

Offline eyesonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2011, 08:51 AM »
Congratulations to the Prairie Farm Ice Fishing Team for placing second in the Wisconsin High School ice fishing contest. Well done!! It could not have been done without the support of the school staff and the dedication of their coach(es). Thanks to you all who helped make it happen.
High school ice fishing team? Dang, I could have lettered all 4 years but this wasn't even thought of when I was in school. Congrats team, great to see young people doing recreational things like this. :tipup:
FLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTCHA;

Offline MattR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2011, 08:58 AM »
This is the type of stuff that NEEDS to make the 6 O'clock news. WTG Prairie Farm team, congrats.

Matt

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2011, 09:33 AM »
They put in 2 long days of fishing, leaving at 4:30 one morning, and 3:30 the next. Then hauled them to Winnebago for the weigh in. Dang proud of the kids, and the coaches. Their physical education instructor has been doing an awesome job with the kids getting them involved in outdoor activities.

Offline Tipup Marathon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yay fishing
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2011, 04:02 PM »
Now why can't CWHS have an ice fishing team??!!  :-[

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2011, 05:52 PM »
The ice fishing is part of the lifetime sports they teach there. They go bowling and other stuff too. I'm sure with some prodding you could talk them into it.

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2011, 10:23 AM »
NICE JOB!

Offline truckhuntfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • You'll have that
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2011, 11:39 AM »
Does anybody know how a person would go about getting this into their local school ?

-Truckin , Huntin , and Fishin , That's how I roll

Ha Haa Haaa  Did that hurt right away ???

Offline MattR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2011, 11:57 AM »
I know Bowler school has a summer school class that allows a teacher to take the students out fishing. They vary the type of fishing they do as well. One day it is a lake, next time a river, and sometimes a farm pond. I think it is all fishing from shore, yet they still get to go fishing.

My guess to get something started is to talk to the principal or even the school board. Not sure how easy it will be though with almost every school having lots of budget cuts. It would be nice to see all children learning how to fish and enjoying nature and not just playing video games.

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2011, 12:06 PM »
I think our phy ed teacher seeks out grants. I am very proud we have a teacher like her in our school system. She has canoes she takes them out in during the warm weather, too.

Offline OneDrop

• IceShanty Rookie
  • _depth_charge_away_
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Good Job, Guys.  Go For It!

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 17, 2011, 01:47 PM »
Man I wish I would known about this sooner I so would have competed in something like this but it's a little late now causing this season is over and I graduate in two and a half months.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.