Author Topic: ez jigger  (Read 9381 times)

Offline killandgrill

• IceShanty Rookie
ez jigger
« on: Feb 14, 2007, 12:02 PM »
Wow.  Went fishing way south for some lunkers and used the EZ Jigger.  You wanna talk about slaying fish and a lot of em.  This thing rocks.  It worked so well I am going to get a second one.  Just make sure you have the thing tied off to something solid.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
Re: ez jigger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Where did you go, what were you catching and using for bait?

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2007, 01:38 PM »
KillandGrill,
I'm kind of skeptical about the ezjigger.?..?  Had bad luck with batteries and the sub zero conditions we have up in Fairbanks area.  The moving parts freezing up, the battery losing it's charge, and the god awful noises that come out of most battery activated equipment.  How was your experience with this unit?  Would it work "UP NORTH", and not just in the banana belt of Anchoragua?  How much lure weight do you think it could handle? 
I love gadgets, but for 50 bucks it better work good! and come with a warranty...

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Barleydog ;)

www.ezjigger.com (ftp://www.ezjigger.com)

TEAM ALASKA

Offline killandgrill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2007, 01:41 PM »
Outside the shanty the battery life is ok.  inside the shanty it works great.  havent tried anything too heavy but it was jigging the heavy airplane jigs well.

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2007, 08:51 PM »
Anyone know if they have any of these new fangled contraptions at the sportsmans wearhouse in Fairbanks?  It would shure help when fishing two lines. :tipup:
Bob

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2007, 09:32 PM »
Yeah, I have seen them in there, are you sure you want to shell out the 50 bucks :pinch: for one?

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2007, 11:54 PM »
If you can, try to talk to Scott at SW - at a Rainbow seminar a few weeks ago he mentioned that he picked one up and has used it a couple times - he had a few interesting things to say about it. Especially an observation that it seemed to attract a bait ball quickly.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2007, 12:14 AM »
AKJW?
O.K. I'll bite!  WHat's a "Rainbow Seminar?"

The bait balls were attracted to this device correct?  How did he explain that?
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2007, 12:43 AM »
AKJW?
O.K. I'll bite!  WHat's a "Rainbow Seminar?"

The bait balls were attracted to this device correct?  How did he explain that?

Jim, he's talking about the Rainbow Trout ice fishing seminar back at the beginning of the month.

Interesting as to how it would attract a bait ball when it doesn't touch the water ???

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2007, 11:25 AM »
I guess I have to proofread now for comprehension...sorry! I guess "Rainbow seminar" could have had me fishing alone for a while!!

As for the attraction of the bait ball - the electrical field produced by the unit attracts positive ions in the water which... oh no wait...that's not it at all ::)

It's the jigging action - he was describing that within a few minutes of it activily jigging in the water bait fish showed up. At that time I don't think he'd actually caught anything on the jigging unit, but I got the impression that it seemed to bring fish into the area.

Offline Alaska_griz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2007, 12:25 PM »
Hello everyone,
      Yes I did mention that the ez jigger attracts a bait ball. I have used it quite a bit this winter and everyone who has fished with me has commented about all the bait fish that hang around the jigger. Last time I used a small set of cowbells and there were constantly fish around it. I think part of the reason it attracts the smaller fish is it stays at the same level for a long time and the jigging is subtle. No I wasn't trying to use a ploy to sell the damn things as FF has insinuated. I don't ly to sell a product. To bad he has to look at things that way. I just passed on an observation at a seminar. I caught a nice fish on it last weekend, first one. I think they would not work well when it is cold. If it is inside an ice shanty it will run all day on a set of batteries. I think this will be my last posting on this site, as the Fishin Fireman likes to cast suspicion on my integrity. I just like to fish and would like to not to have to defend myself against negative people.....Good luck on the hard water guys...Scott

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2007, 12:32 PM »
Sorry to hear you say that Scott, but I understand.

I've had a few occasions where I've been totally joking around with someone I know via email and it was complely misinterpreted and really bothered the person on the other end, so I do hope Brad didn't mean it that way (the written word lacks body language and other cues that in a real conversation would clearly make intent known) but at any rate I better quit speaking for other people.

I apologize for roping you into this discussion in the first place - keep up the good work. 

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2007, 08:26 PM »
I talk to Scot at the store from time to time and he doesn't seem to be a BSer, I believe what he says about the jigger machine and according to him the bait fish are attracted to a set of small spinners, haven't tried it my self yet, but I do think I will buy a jigger, I have spent fifty bucks on way worse things than that.  Hopefully Scot will decide to stick around. :tipup:
Bob

Offline Smokin99

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Active AF
« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2007, 10:04 PM »
I agree Scott.  You cant even mention anything in here, as you see I dont, nothing but a pissin match with certain people, all I do is read and laugh!
But I need to post at least this!
SMOKIN99

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2007, 12:41 AM »
Scott! 
Thanks for setting it straight concerning the EZJigger!  You sell fishing products for a living, run across a lot of fishermen, and you share your experiences with us by choice.  Anyone who has lived outside the state knows that the local bait shop/ sporting goods sales folks are a wealth of information.  We can either believe your correct, or full of beans.  I don't think your full of it, and your reply is pretty believeable to me and several others.  Please don't read to far into any comments or replys, but reconsider your decision or I'll shop at Walmart! :D  :D

AKJW7, 
Ooohh Rainbow seminar!  NOW I FEEL LIKE A GOATHEAD! :D :D
Thanks for sharing your inputs 
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Rdrash

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2007, 07:55 PM »
Interesting as to how it would attract a bait ball when it doesn't touch the water

If you are fishing with a group arrange your holes around the jigger and put a dodger on the jigger the flashing dodger will help bring all fish in both large and small and of course with smaller baitfish hanging around larger fish will stick around longer aswell.

they are also pretty good if your targeting burbot at night they strike alarm is easier to hear than a flag is from 50 feet away when it overcast with no moon at 3 am.

and they are only 30 dollars in anchorage.
It's alright I'm ok.......Is that my bike on fire?

Offline dan_f1422

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 21, 2007, 07:39 PM »
Where did you pick them up in Anchorage for $30? I paid $44 at the wharehouse for mine.

Offline Tinman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 22, 2007, 01:14 AM »
$37.99 at sportsman's warehouse,

5% off military discount.

$39.99 regular price.

so far so good, I do agree with the constant motion drawing the smaller fish in. 
I am going to experiment with longer rod lengths and see if I can get it to jig more dramaticly though, char and big bows seem to hit on the drop of a particularly high jig off the bottom and the short rods just don't give that kind of action with the ez-jigger.

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 22, 2007, 10:59 AM »
is the easy jigger anything like the jigging tip-up, I bought the tip-up at trustworthy for 20 bucks, but it only jigs 1 3/4".  I figure thats enough to jig at big lake with a curly tail though.

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 22, 2007, 11:08 AM »
Did your ez jigger come with a blank cam wheel where you could carve your own jigging pattern with a dremel or something? It's still not going to give you a three foot lift or anything, but you could probably get more out of it with a custom made cam than the stock couple you get. Maybe Edelbrok has something - have to check the summit catalog! ;D

Offline Tinman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 24, 2007, 01:35 PM »
LOL edelbrok, that's funny.

yeah, mine came with the two factory profiles and the extra one to carve custom.

The steeper factory one is pretty good, that combined with a 36" rod seems to be doing ok.

Offline Big Mo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If I should Die while Fishing, I Die Happy :-)
« Reply #21 on: Jan 23, 2013, 05:30 PM »
Hello I live in Montana and I am wondering if anyone has a EZ Jigger machine for sale? Please let me know soon thanks Big Mo.

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2013, 02:59 AM »
There are better auto jiggers put there. TRUST ME.  Ez jigger has a good concept.

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2013, 12:50 PM »
They are loud and don't have enough pause when jigging.  I have one and haven't used it in two years.
If you wantah be a fishah you gotah smoke a swishah!

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 2013, 02:29 PM »
I got one as a gift. It works fine but like was said add some weight to the bucket it sits on or tie it down somehow.
I caught one 18" trout on it the first time I used it with a custom jigs and spins jig and shrimp on it.
I like that the wheel concept allows for a short pause in the jigging motion. I also like the fish alarm feature for when I was using it a little farther away from me. When the fishing died off I set it up and moved on. When the fish came back and hit my jig the alarm let me know the fish had moved back without me having to watch it.
I just don't care for battery operated devices like this as batteries ain't cheap and I often forget to bring spares.
I don't dislike the product but it is not worth $50 to me.
It does work though.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline Big Mo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If I should Die while Fishing, I Die Happy :-)
« Reply #25 on: Jan 28, 2013, 09:05 AM »
Would you like to sell it?? Let me know please. Mo. from Montana.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Jan 28, 2013, 09:46 AM »
They look pretty good!

WS

Offline JediMasterSalmonSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Jan 28, 2013, 01:54 PM »
This thread was brought back from the dead...wow

Ironic this topic of using auto jiggers in AK is being dug up.... ;D Its like travel in a time machine. I had the auto jigger discussion with a recent production company.   

Although I do not doubt success which othesr may have experienced, I have yet to find any auto jigger to be usefull in AK for my own experience. I imagine one can always say to me "your not doing it right"  ???  ;D

It was fun reading the previous posts on this thread...pretty funny comments. 

Offline JediMasterSalmonSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 28, 2013, 01:58 PM »
Hello everyone,
      Yes I did mention that the ez jigger attracts a bait ball. I have used it quite a bit this winter and everyone who has fished with me has commented about all the bait fish that hang around the jigger. Last time I used a small set of cowbells and there were constantly fish around it. I think part of the reason it attracts the smaller fish is it stays at the same level for a long time and the jigging is subtle. No I wasn't trying to use a ploy to sell the damn things as FF has insinuated. I don't ly to sell a product. To bad he has to look at things that way. I just passed on an observation at a seminar. I caught a nice fish on it last weekend, first one. I think they would not work well when it is cold. If it is inside an ice shanty it will run all day on a set of batteries. I think this will be my last posting on this site, as the Fishin Fireman likes to cast suspicion on my integrity. I just like to fish and would like to not to have to defend myself against negative people.....Good luck on the hard water guys...Scott

LMAO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.