Author Topic: Alaska Fish Outing Pictures Only Please  (Read 44072 times)

Offline Tinman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Alaska Fish Outing Pictures Only Please
« Reply #30 on: Feb 25, 2007, 02:01 PM »
here are a couple Eelpout from Saturday night. It was -17f on the lake, the propane was low in the heater so most of our pics didn't come out due to fog in the shanty and fog on the camera lens. All in all it was a good time, went out, got our fish and home by 11 p.m.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
Re: Catchumall's First Harding fish
« Reply #31 on: Mar 18, 2007, 11:39 PM »
Bob and I hit Harding today with limited succes ??? Lots of fish around and following lures but only one good hook up with this dandy 10lb. Arctic Char, which Bob says is the biggest one he's ever caught from the Char family.

Glad to be along when you did it Bob. Congrats to Catchumall,  :thumbsup: :clap:

Brad

Offline FrankAk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 19, 2007, 04:12 PM »
I know this is a picture only page.. But I have to ask. Are those leaches or lamprays on that char?

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 20, 2007, 01:07 AM »
Leeches, we tried to pick most of them off before we put him back.

Offline dirk327

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • !
« Reply #34 on: Mar 21, 2007, 01:21 PM »
My father with a nice shefish caught near Kotzebue.

Offline dirk327

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • !
« Reply #35 on: Mar 21, 2007, 01:22 PM »
Me with a few shefish caught near Kotz. 

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #36 on: Mar 24, 2007, 12:00 PM »
Wow Dirk!  Nice fish, and I bet they ran like heck too?!  Just curious to know what you caught those fish on?  Great shots. :)
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Mar 25, 2007, 04:32 PM »
Those are the first pictures I have ever seen of sheefish caught through the ice. What river or lake were you two fishing on? Would love to hook into one of those in the winter. I am going to try and cath some of those in the summer this year.

Great photos, glad you two had fun!

Brad

Offline dirk327

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • !
« Reply #38 on: Mar 26, 2007, 11:06 PM »
we were fishing with spoons carved out of caribou antlers with a big treble on the end.  Only about 3 feet of water under the 4 feet of ice.  my dads native friend gave me a "pole" that they use.  It has no reel and looks like a boomerrang with line on it.  It was fun but i whipped out the heavy duty jig rod with reel...they ran like crazy.  We fished a few different spots, some on the noatak river and some out on the bay at the mouth.

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #39 on: Apr 08, 2007, 11:16 PM »
Some pictures from this weekend, started out at Willow and  ended up at Crosswinds. 

Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #40 on: Oct 30, 2007, 08:25 AM »
Come on boys and girls....you have southerners on the edge of our seats....please post some more first ice pics. Ya can't post once last week then leave us hanging. Have to clean up the slober on the keyboards ;D

Offline Muddskippa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Quartz Lake Rainbow
« Reply #41 on: Nov 16, 2007, 07:48 PM »
I think I speak for most of us when I say the fishing up here has been too good to spend much time at home uploading our pics.....not to mention we need to get out and enjoy  what little bit of sunlight we have left.  I'm gonna try and get some of mine posted next thursday while I recover from Turkey Day!
  :tipup:  Flag!
Muddskippa
~~~~\\\"Si vis pacem, para bellum\\\"~~~~ <>< <\\\")))))><<br />

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #42 on: Nov 28, 2007, 07:02 AM »
Finally got out on the ice for a day trip to Birch lake with Fishin Fireman (Brad), and my 2 boys.  After running into bad luck with my trucks U-Joint. >:(  I hooked up the alternative family vehicle and pulled the sleds to the ice mecca that is Birch. 
Birch was a little windy, (gale force winds with shards of airborne ice crystals.)  Good ice though!  10" of solidified icy goodness. 8)  We tried three spots without any success forcing us to pack up the caravan and move on...  Finally Brad found a good looking weed bed/depth and we decided to settle down out of the wind.  HA!!!  No matter where on the lake you set up, that heathen wind would find you!  Good thing we brought the boys too.  They managed to wrangle up a myriad of wind bound items from ice scoops to bucket tops etc...  O.K. the fishing was a little slow, but in our defense, identifying a bite vs. a gust of wind was quite the challenge.  We still managed to catch a handful of fish and got some fresh air before calling it quites and heading over to KP's hideaway for a couple warm toddies. (Thanks Kevin!)

The boys and the transport vehicles

Brad and a nice bow

A mercy catch, and the ignorant angler

One on the ice

My boy and a lunker!

Oh yeah!  The excitement of the trip for Brad was the airplane jig that adorns his lip!  He kept asking me for a pliers, but I told him I couldn't find any in my box.  After 10 additional minutes.....  He asked "don't you have anything that would get a hook out."  Now I was thinking he hooked his jacket or perhaps the snowmachine seat...  I turned to see him fiddling with his lip, (perhaps enjoying a dip) but really didn't think anything about it.  When I turned around a couple minutes later he had blood dripping from his lip and calmly told me, "find me anything to get this thing out!"  :D HAHAHAHA (sorry Brad!)  He'd stuck an airplane jig all the way through his lip and past the barb.  :-[ After a couple minutes of standing on his head pulling violently while he winced, I decided to look in the emergency tool kit on the snowmachine for the proper operating tool.  A 12" used sewer pliers should work eh, and it did nicely.  After clipping the barb down it smoothly slid back though the bleeding opening.  Brad was free!  He didn't complain one bit about my removal, and the kids thought he was cool because he got hooked in the lip and didn't cry!  I didn't give him a hard time, but will bring along a face shield for him on the next trip. :D  ;D ;D   
TEAM ALASKA

Offline tony509th

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Dec 01, 2007, 09:27 PM »
  I spent the day with the family on the ice. Had almost ten inches of ice. We were fishing in around 12' of water in a lake north of Palmer. Caught two trout over 20". Caught a bunch of smaller trout and char in the 12-16" range using plastics.The ice is definitely starting to get better with the colder weather. I'm heading to Ft Rich tomorrow. I caught 3 rainbows in the 18-19" range last Thursday there. Hopefully I'll have some more pics to post tomorrow. Take care.

Tony

Offline Muddskippa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Quartz Lake Rainbow
« Reply #44 on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:52 PM »
Here's a Quartz Lake bow I got on friday.   Fishing was a little slower than usual and the wind was killer but this fish made the trip worth while!
~~~~\\\"Si vis pacem, para bellum\\\"~~~~ <>< <\\\")))))><<br />

Offline tony509th

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 07, 2007, 10:14 PM »
Hit the the lake today north of Palmer and caught a couple of char over 18". I caught one on a silver spoon in 15' of water and the other on a jighead with a berkely alive 3" grub in 25' of water. It was a great day to be on the ice (as any day away from work is). Had 12-13" of ice. Take care and good luck.

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 16, 2007, 04:42 AM »
nice fish
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline tony509th

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Dec 16, 2007, 07:46 PM »
I fished Wasilla Lake today for a few hours in the wind. Caught 3 trout all in the 16" range. Was fishing in 5-10' of water. I was jigging a large silver spoon and had a 2" berkeley realstix plastic minnow on my other pole just sitting there. The fish would come in for the spoon and if I missed them would hammer the minnow. I have had good luck this year with this minnow. Every time I go fishing I  put my extra rod in the ice stake that comes with a quickfish shanty and just let the jighead sit there usually in 5 or less feet of water while I jig/fish with my other rod. I have caught 3 fish over 20" doing this so far this year. They really seem to dig this minnow. I'm looking forward to trying the 4" version on Lake Louise this year. I'm hitting 17 mile Lake in the morning. Good luck and take care.

Tony

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #48 on: Dec 20, 2007, 02:06 AM »
Thats a pretty bow
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Dec 20, 2007, 02:26 AM »
Tony - you kind of look like Norm McDonald in that pic with your thumb in the bows mouth. Sorry, it just struck me and gave me a chuckle, because I can't really see him in a fishing shanty! Although I can almost visualize a really funny S&L skit out of the deal!

Nice pics - thanks

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #50 on: Dec 21, 2007, 09:12 PM »
how come all these people don't look happy to be out on the ice! :o
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Dec 23, 2007, 03:38 AM »
We are ;D it's just that nobody hardly ever takes pictures when we are in the nice warm shelter with a fish on :tipup:

Offline fish-slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go big or go home.
« Reply #52 on: Dec 26, 2007, 01:09 AM »
Nice fish alaska keep em coming. ;D :o :o
TEAM BC

Offline mparzick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Dec 30, 2007, 02:51 PM »
nice fish.

Offline Ice Legend

• IceShanty Rookie
  • RW Outdoors 2010/2011
« Reply #54 on: Jan 01, 2008, 02:59 PM »
nice fish.
great fishin guys cant wait till there is enough ice here in pa!!!!!!!!!  ???
"Catchin a few and drinking a few because thats how we roll"

Offline Salmonman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 05, 2008, 10:10 PM »
Here is a nice rainbow from the valley. This was the biggest, lost another over 20". Landed one around 20" and caught a few others ranging from 12-18 inches.

Offline Salmonman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 05, 2008, 11:45 PM »
Another picture of 22" rainbow from the valley. Very close to Finger Lake. Put up a great fight, about ten minutes on 4 pound ice line.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #57 on: Jan 06, 2008, 01:52 PM »
Salmonman I hope you registered that one on the tourney board!  Nice fish! ;)
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Salmonman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 06, 2008, 03:55 PM »
yep, sure did. I just got from fire lake. No fish, one bite and it stole my bait. That was it.

Offline murphyslaw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Jan 09, 2008, 05:49 PM »
Here is my first catch ever on the hard water. This is from last weekend at cottonwood lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.