Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 232144 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2010 on: Apr 24, 2023, 07:43 AM »
Well was an interesting day on the garage door, got it all put in and then found out it hit one of my trusses, moved it over, then hit the middle truss so had to adjust the rollers and good to go. Then was the install of the new section, that was fun only one major upset of it popping out and then finally got it later on. Now need to figure out how to get the top closed in. But have a plan for that. Garage door opener needs to be installed but need to cut a post down as the extension is for the newer door openers that they changed the rails but have some for the other door openers we replaced so got a plan for that as well. All the joys but going good. Have a great day everyone, oh and sold some minnows to a guy still ice fishing the small lake with about 2 feet of ice left on it. So still a bit of waiting.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2011 on: Apr 24, 2023, 08:12 AM »
Morning from Bryce Canyon Utah

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2012 on: Apr 24, 2023, 08:37 AM »
Here are a few more pictures from team WW.....

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2013 on: Apr 24, 2023, 10:05 AM »
Thanks WS!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2014 on: Apr 24, 2023, 12:07 PM »
Thanks WS!!

No problem.

Here are 2 more pictures......

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2015 on: Apr 24, 2023, 12:22 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, 52* and cloudy. Me and Mr Dickens drove my wife to work today then went to a local state park to try it out for some relaxation. Got a few nibbles. Nothing hooked on. We enjoyed being there. Always next time. Hopefully the Jeep will be done today. Friday it was in the air getting the oil pan and pump. They are also going to do the tie rod that finally came in. They of course had a technician out on a family emergency.

Whopper Stopper, Thats good that the shack was in good shape. Hope you had a good walk.

WallyWorld, Beautiful pictures thank you for sharing via whopper Stopper.

Mason Eddie, Good luck at the Drs today. Neither me or Mr Dickens has gotten any ticks yet.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you have a relaxing day today.

Hunts2long, Are you going to be wetting a line today?

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2016 on: Apr 24, 2023, 03:13 PM »
Good afternoon everyone.

WW got another roll of film developed lol. What beautiful pictures.....

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2017 on: Apr 24, 2023, 04:12 PM »
Great pictures WW..👍👍👍
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2018 on: Apr 24, 2023, 07:26 PM »
Good evening everyone

One more from Team WW :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2019 on: Apr 24, 2023, 07:57 PM »
None of you goobers got any Aurora pics last night?
I was in the bright city of Edmonton and had no cameras or I would have.
Seems they were seen all the way to Arkansas, Missouri and even the middle of Oklahoma. 
She was a good storm by the looks of things. ;D

Made it back and I took a couple of pics on the flight into Yellowknife.

This is South of town along the East shore of Great Slave.
That little point of land under the winglet of plane is the turn up the fabled East Arm of Great Slave.

There is still lots of snow in the bush but it's going fast. The smaller lakes and ponds are starting to get soft too.

And we even flew over my lake and I got a shot of the peninsula where my cabin is.  :thumbsup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2020 on: Apr 24, 2023, 09:26 PM »
 Good evening, may have reached 65 here today rain forecast for later in the week. I see general Motors has issued a recall on Silverado pickups produced between 2019 and 2023 model years. A problem with the brake pressure sensor assembly causes a leak of brake fluid which then causes a short circuit and fire. this can happen while driving or when vehicle is parked GM advises owners of these model year pickups to park them outside away from any structure until the recall repair has been made on their respective vehicle .
ice Wanderer i agree with your comment one Cornwall player had to be helped off the field after injuring his leg hopefully only a minor sprain to the ankle or knee.
Eddie if the weather guessers are correct there will be several streams in the north eastern U.S. over there banks by this weekend with three days of rain forecasted. if correct not good for fishing .
Whopper Stopper glad all was good at the shack . thank you again for posting Wallyworld's photos.
Hunts2long i had dates mixed up the season for northern pike ,walleyes and pickerel ends on march 15 you are correct it will open on May 1 ST.
Fish/hunt4ever good to hear you completed majority of work on garage door and only had a few issues .
Wallyworld thank you for all the photos. glad you have had good weather so far on your trip .
Icefisher-45 may the jeep be back in your driveway . nice that you were able to do some fishing and get mr. Dickens out for some exercise .
Drifter good to read you got to and from Edmonton with no problems . thank you for the photos. I only heard about the northern lights this morning so missed looking for them.
Raquettedacker may all be good with you and your  family. I assume you are busy preparing green houses for arrival of plants and starting up your personal garden .

have a good night .Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2021 on: Apr 24, 2023, 10:06 PM »
The northern lights were seen here as well, but for this old man it was too late for me to stay up and see them, lol. The wife said she was going to but she fell asleep as well. Seen some good pictures of them from the wife's Facebook account. Nice pictures everyone.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2022 on: Apr 25, 2023, 04:49 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Looking like a repeat of yesterday’s weather here today, 35* start with a high of 48 today.

Steve…appreciate the info on the Silverado’s! I’m assuming one of my brothers has been notified, but I’ll get a message off to him this morning.  :thumbsup:  Hope your BIL had a good start returning to work.
  Dave…thanks for sharing the pictures, hope you’re feeling some relief today and moving forward!  :clap:
  Wally…wow, what an awesome adventure for Team WW, thanks for letting us tag along!  :bow: :clap: 
  Marv…excellent job on relaying the pictures!  :bow:  Glad you found the Shack in good shape and no problems with fallen trees upon it, awesome!  :clap:  How did the job go yesterday?
  FH4…nice job on the garage door modification, looking great!  Best of luck getting past the other snags that popped up, but sounds  like you got them covered!  :clap:
  H2…getting close to the walleye opener! Will be looking forward to your reports again soon!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hopefully it’s light duty work on the planner today!  :thumbsup: Imagine it won’t be too long before the docks go in again?
  I-45…glad you enjoyed another outing with Mr.Dickens! Keep after those fish, you’re overdo on setting the hook on a few..good luck! :clap: :thumbsup:
  Dom…hope your green thumb has been performing its magic in the greenhouse’s!!  ;D  Are you and the group doing another Spring camping/fishing trip soon?

Dr.’s appointment went well yesterday, thank you all.  :thumbsup: 
  Starting to see lots of turkeys out and about now, couple of nice Toms yesterday out strutting their stuff….twitterpated!
  Gas back on the rise, was $3.79gl yesterday when I stopped…will leave it there!  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2023 on: Apr 25, 2023, 05:56 AM »
33* and clear.

WW, looks like a great trip out West, thanks for all the pictures.

Ice-45 glad you are getting some fishing done, another week and the season opens here. Good Luck with the Jeep.

Eddie, lots of turkeys around here also, I don't think they get hunted very hard. Gas in the village (only 1 station) is at $3.79, just outside village it is at $3.69.

Things are getting pretty green around here, have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2024 on: Apr 25, 2023, 06:46 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

30 degrees with a high guessed to be into the low 50's.

Just a quick "Hello" as I head out the door to hook up my trailer and chipper. I started a job yesterday and with any luck should get it done by late this afternoon if all goes well.

I will stop back later to see what the rest of the gang is up to.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2025 on: Apr 25, 2023, 03:20 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Been at the headache Dr all day. Going to adjust meds. Hope everyone had a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2026 on: Apr 25, 2023, 03:50 PM »
WW great pictures
Car is loaded for my adventure north
Will be preparing the north camp house to put it up for sale sometime in June is the plan.
And a stop at friends house to reset a toilet, price handyman quoted was way out of sight  ::)
Hope everyone’s appointments go smoothly, and the fish are biting if your out wetting a line
Stay healthy and wise
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2027 on: Apr 26, 2023, 04:23 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 28* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                          Marv........I hope you got the tree job all cleaned up. :unsure:  Thank you for posting WW's pictures. :flex: I hope I didn't wake you up this morning. ???
                          Wally.......It looks like a great trip, :thumbsup: Keep sending your pictures. :flex:
                          Eddie.......Gas here is up to $3.83. And I just heard a statement from the Prez.his economic plan is working. :blink: :whistle: :cookoo: :%$#!:  I'm glad
                your appointment went well. :thumbsup:
                          Bud.........You didn't use the northern camp much, good idea in selling it. I hope you make a profit on the sale. :thumbsup:
                          Fish.........Were my eyes deceiving me, did you door be touching the floor and still out at the top? ???
                          I-45.........I'm glad to see you're out and about with Mr. Dickens. :clap: Did you catch any fish.? ???
                          H2l..........It's time you get the boat out and ready for a trip on the lake. :thumbsup:
                          Steve.......It seems there is a recall on a lot of things lately. Crazy world we're in. :cookoo:
                          Yesterday I had an appointment at the VA for my yearly diabetes check up, I got a thumbs up from the Nurse practitioner. :flex: Then I went to
                the orthopedic clinic and made an appointment for them to check my shoulder out.
                          I hope Everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2028 on: Apr 26, 2023, 04:46 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D   Clear and 35* this am, rain moving in again this afternoon, high of 56.

Bud…hope you had clear weather and safe travels, best wishes with the house and a quick sale!   :thumbsup:
  I-45…man, you’ve been dealing with those headaches for a long time…hopefully the correction in your meds is now working for you.  :thumbsup: 
  Marv…will be looking forward to your report!  :thumbsup:  Thought of you yesterday seeing a large fleet of tree surgeons doing a massive cleanup on one of the roads again.
  H2..only a couple more days to go until the opener!!  :clap:  Extended forecast showing quite a few days of rain at the moment…one plus, could stock up on a good supply of night crawlers.
  Jeff…hope you’re still on light duty and continuing to feel better!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope you’re greeted with another beautiful sunrise this morning at the Grand Canyon!  :bow:

Got all my raised beds ready for the growing season yesterday, now just need Mother Nature to cooperate. This unseasonable weather pattern we’re getting here will hopefully fizzle out soon.
  Might try the stream again this afternoon…Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Morning Jeff…congrats on the good review!  :clap: 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2029 on: Apr 26, 2023, 05:52 AM »
32* clear and a frost.

Eddie good to hear the Dr. appointments are going well. Don't see many crawlers in my area, too sandy, now that I don't have a "bait" shop to work in, I buy them. There is a small bait shop just up the road and IF the fishing is good I will buy a half a flat from him for a pretty good price. Thats is about 250 crawlers. I have tried using "plastic" on my jigs but I haven't had a lot of success. I think I just have to build my confidence up.

IFF, good luck on your trip North.

WS, hope the end of the job went well.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2030 on: Apr 26, 2023, 06:28 AM »

27 degrees to kick off the day, the guessers are calling for a high in the mid 50's.

IW...Congratulations on the excellent checkup :thumbsup: No worries on waking me up Lol

Eddie...Good luck if you hit the stream later today :thumbsup:

WW...Hope the Dawning of the new day brings with it a plethora of exciting adventures :thumbsup:

h2l...We don't have crawlers where we are at either due to the sand. However when walking after a rain, I have noticed a good supply on a few of the streets.

I was able to wrap up my tree job around 2pm yesterday. Luckily all the wood stayed on site as I had no interest in it anyway. The biggest challenge yesterday was removing half of a medium size locust tree from over a huge solar panel. I'm not sure how much of a hit they can handle, but I had no desire to find out.

Today we are heading to the jungle for the girls Aunt's funeral.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2031 on: Apr 26, 2023, 07:16 AM »
Morning from Moab Utah !!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2032 on: Apr 26, 2023, 09:04 AM »
Yeah the garage door is on the floor and still up in the bend of the rails, but with the door I could only buy a 18 inch or 24 inch replacement panel, so that makes the door 8 foot 6 instead of 8 foot.  but for all the pieces it was around 500 bucks, compared to about 2 grand for a new door.  So I have a plan and will just box in the upper edge and seal the door there.  Well work is going so we will see, see the gas prices are on the rise again, but hey they say a recession is on the verge and will drop the oil prices and then fuel will go down.  Oh boy, not what we really need and see that the elections will be interesting here in awhile and see who goes all the way with all the low polls and people not wanting certain candidates, on both sides, not to run again.  Sorry trying not to be political but this might be a major pain for most of us, since all the policies are working right getting the money from the people and making life harder. Sorry again.  Well better get back to work and see what the day is going to entail, been interesting so far.  Be safe everyone and have a great hump day.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2033 on: Apr 26, 2023, 03:54 PM »
Good evening everyone.

Here are a few pictures from "Team WW"

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2034 on: Apr 27, 2023, 04:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 37*, high of 56 forecasted.

Marv…my condolences to the ladies and the family.  Glad you were able to finish up your tree project and no issues with the solar panels!! Thank you for sharing Wally’s pictures!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…what a Grand Trip, some spectacular scenery!  :bow:  Will be looking forward to where your next stop will be…enjoy!!  :clap:
  FH4…praying for accountability and incarceration’s!  :callcops:
  H2…not the best here either for night crawlers, rocks seem to grow better than pretty much anything else, lol.
  Jeff…keeping the fingers crossed that you get a similar review from the orthopedic doctor, best wishes!  :thumbsup:

Granddaughter had a softball game yesterday afternoon so I took a pass on the fishing. They were up by 5 runs bottom of the 1st inning before the rain moved in and got canceled.  :-\ 
  Early Dr. appointment this morning and hopefully nothing else on the planner…the streams are calling! Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2035 on: Apr 27, 2023, 05:07 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 30* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                            Eddie........Good luck with the doctor visit. :thumbsup: Will the ball game continue on another day? ???
                            Wally........What a nice trip you and Mr. WW are having.  :flex: Thank you for bringing us along. :clap:
                            H2l...........One good thing around here, we have good soil for night crawlers,  :woot: I would think at your nephews sugar bush there
                  would be a good spot for crawlers. :unsure:
                            Marv.........Again my condolences goes out to Jo and her family. :( Thank you for sharing Wally's photos. :clap:
                            Fish..........I guess there is no way to cut the panel down. :unsure: I guess this is the plan of the current administration to keep us dependent
                  on them. :%$#!: :cookoo:
                            Yesterday I did a little wood splitting. My son did a great job constructing the lift for my splitter. I'll do some more today.
                            I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2036 on: Apr 27, 2023, 05:40 AM »

52 degrees with a few sprinkles moving through. Looks like we will see what the 60's feel like later this afternoon.

Eddie...Best of luck with your appointment today :thumbsup: Hope you get a chance today to check out the stream :thumbsup:

IW...Glad the new lift is working out, did you take any pictures of it ??? For the time being I am all caught up with my wood splitting, however, that will be changing next week :thumbsup:

WW....I am waiting and on duty ;D Hope you have another excellent day :thumbsup:

Thank you all for all the condolences for my wife with the passing of her Aunt. It was a very well attended funeral, which is a testament to the number of people she touched during her 89 years.

Not a lot on my planner today, will need to dodge a few showers when taking my walk.
I have a few chips to spread and then plan on hitting the range for an hour or so.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2037 on: Apr 27, 2023, 06:05 AM »
36* and cloudy.

WS, thoughts are with the wife and her family.

Eddie, good luck the doctors.

WW, I have been in a few "hole in the wall" places but never a "hole in the rock". Looks like a great trip.

I stopped at a friends house yesterday and he said the walleyes are way up the river from my house. They are seeing them during the day at times. I went to my usual spot last night, saw a few, a muskrat and had a beaver swimming back and forth in the creek the whole time I was there. Also the coyotes were pretty active last night.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2038 on: Apr 27, 2023, 07:42 AM »
Well getting ready to head to work, got a few things done last night and the garage door opener lifts and lowers the door great. Just took me a few times to remember how to do it all again. Looks like all the snow from the winter is starting to melt across the areas that got it this year and oh no flooding, like that could not be seen as the snow kept building up, we are supposed to hit around 70 by early next week and just watching the river for it to climb up and start filling the lakes and land around. Well be safe everyone and hope everyone is out of the floods. At least the Reservoirs will be full again, hopefully they will maintain them better and not just let all the water go.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2039 on: Apr 27, 2023, 08:31 AM »
Our tour guide told us yesterday that the mountains outside of Moab Utah have over 900” of snow and still adding to it  :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.