Author Topic: Need help in location to fish??????????  (Read 808 times)

Offline podunk

• IceShanty Rookie
Need help in location to fish??????????
« on: Dec 29, 2009, 05:20 PM »
My girlfriend lives in sault st marie and she wants to go icefishing. But i live in trollville down in the thumb. i dont know where to take her that is semi close to her town, and what kind of fish are they catching, on what also? i am not a rookie by any means on icefishing but i am new to this area so any help or pointers would be apprecated. Oh even better yet maybe we could go out with someone or a group out fishing. any help would be greatly apprecaited. thanks
US Marine Infantrymortarman

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Need help in location to fish??????????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:56 PM »
go to lake-link.com you can select the county and it'll show you lakes. goodluck
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2009, 06:36 AM »
what kind of fish are they catching, on what also? i am not a rookie by any means on icefishing <~~~   if i wasnt a rookie id just ask the species.....you should know how to fish!      tight lines

Offline podunk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2009, 06:42 AM »
The reason i was asking what kind of fish and what are they using to catch them is because it would give me a starting point. Maybe we do things different down south. for someone would say hey i caught so and so fish then the other question would be how deep of water and whatcha caught it on. it dont mean thats what they will be caught on when you go out but it would give you a starting point, and also you would know how deep of water to fish. also it would tell you how close or off the bottom to fish. thats why i was asking. Thanks for the info. i hope theres more to come.
US Marine Infantrymortarman

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2009, 07:02 AM »
i was only giving you a little greif!     if u wanted marquette area info  id hook you up with all the details.     its really hard to type sarcastic.    good luck out there!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.