Author Topic: What tip up style do you like better  (Read 7129 times)

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
Re: What tip up style do you like better
« Reply #30 on: Nov 10, 2011, 08:35 PM »
Polars every day. Great for lakers to perch to pike. I love watching a fish run as I walk/run up. Never had an issue with them.
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

surflizard

« Reply #31 on: Nov 11, 2011, 06:05 AM »
Hey Jay
Have you ever pulled the spool sleeve and relubed it, if you do that those troubles will disappear and you will be really suprised just how well they really work ! Unlike the BDs, you can do very easily and not wait a month or longer and pay 30 bucks a pop like other trap makers charge !

Offline Russ-T

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Nov 11, 2011, 04:07 PM »
They all have there advantages/disadvantages. The polars are sure neater when you store them and don't stick out of a bucket and get in the way. Also keeping the hole open is nice but dang they disappear out on the ice. The H style (for me jack traps) don't store as neat but that is what I prefer. You can see them from a distance and dang you can wind them up quick. For deep water or reeling in after I land (or loose  ;) ) a long running fish I just fold them, tuck them under my arm and wind them up keeping tention on the line with my left hand. Also I like offsetting them to one side of the hole so I have room to stomp the hole back open when they freeze. But it IS more thrilling when you can see the fish running from a distance! Not going to lie about that ;D

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #33 on: Nov 11, 2011, 04:20 PM »
heritage laker all thee way. i love the big flag and the anticipation of looking in the hole to see if its spinning. i guess i like suprises :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.