The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: goals  (Read 8536 times)

pinche

Re: goals
« Reply #60 on: Feb 28, 2007, 03:13 PM »
OK so the walleye was through the ice (Saginaw River), the Pike was at ice out in Canada, The Bass came when I blew a cast the the plastic worm landed next to the dock I was standing on, the perch hit a spoon on a downrigger 30ft down over 70ft of water when I was trolling for salmon, and the Chinook was the last of a triple header (with only three of us on my boat) and I had to drive and fight it.

Life is made of those sort of memories......
I love it   :roflmao: My biggest blue gill was caught when I set my pole down to crack a beer ...lol

Offline jasonmeekhof

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Mar 01, 2007, 08:38 PM »
I cought a bunch of rock bass the other day. I dont get it is that a hard thing to do? I always considered them junk fish!???
Jason Meekhof<br />Muskegon, MI <br />www.myspace.com/underallow<br />

Offline Bgreen02

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Mar 02, 2007, 06:26 AM »
I cought a bunch of rock bass the other day. I dont get it is that a hard thing to do? I always considered them junk fish!???

In the summer it doesn't seem hard to do. They bite at weird times. I have caught most of the rock bass in late morning and all through afternoon. I can't think of ever catching one really early in the day or in evening. I haven't caught them through ice ever maybe they are not as aggressive.

Team M.I.R.C Rock bass. It's whats for dinner.

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #63 on: Mar 02, 2007, 01:58 PM »
In the summer it doesn't seem hard to do. They bite at weird times. I have caught most of the rock bass in late morning and all through afternoon. I can't think of ever catching one really early in the day or in evening. I haven't caught them through ice ever maybe they are not as aggressive.

I pulled up about 5 of them over at Four Mile this year on first ice. Right at dark like crappie. BUt I too have always considered them trash fish. Never ate one. Are they any good?
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

flockshot

« Reply #64 on: Mar 02, 2007, 02:00 PM »
i dont like eating the things at either..but it hit a few of us that we hadnt iced one yet...it kinda became an obsession. lol.  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.