Author Topic: Flasher seeing Camera Cable  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Zee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Flasher seeing Camera Cable
« on: Dec 18, 2006, 09:20 AM »
How do you deal with interference from the camera cable?

It shows up whenever the cable is moved as a weak signal from half way down in 25 fow all the way down... I think I had the transducer too close to the hole with the camera going down.

If I turn the sensitivity down so the cable disappears, I can barely see my jig.

trapperdirk

Re: Flasher seeing Camera Cable
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2006, 07:44 PM »
Your going to have to live with that Zee because it's doing what its meant to do which is to show us anything in the water column. Of course the deeper the water the larger the cone area the flasher cone covers . You might try a smaller beam transducer but other than that I would use one or the other if your fishing in depths where your sonar shows you the cam cable .

TD

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2006, 01:17 AM »
depends alot on water clarity but i've had to put mine down 10' from the vex can barely see my jigs still get some interfernce found that I don't need my aqua view if the vex is in the hole

Offline Zee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2006, 09:02 AM »
Hehe, I was hoping you guys would have some special tricks ;)

Offline Zee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2006, 09:43 AM »
hmm... you know, if they are in the same hole, it may not see it... I'm going to try that.

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2006, 11:57 AM »
I am looking to buy a camera so I am interested. I guess using two different holes was already tried?

Offline Zee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2006, 12:11 PM »
Yes, it sees the cable starting a part of the way down, and if you think about cone angles that makes sense. However, the same hole wouldn;t giv as much of a signal I think because you are shooting down along the cable. If there are kinks in the cable you may se a bit, but probably not as bad. I'll be trying that this weekend.

trapperdirk

« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2006, 12:26 PM »
Old slipbob is a wee bit blind anyways from pushing a pencil and likely just doesn't notice it because if it touches  the cone angle it will show . If your jig is a smaller profile than the cable you have to use it as your guide to how far to setup your gain . Tweaking works to an extent but if the jig is the smaller profile of the two and your tweaked down to where you can just see it than anything as big or bigger will also show . No way around that if it touches the cone signal . ;) If on the other hand the jig has larger or denser profile then you can get tweak down that much further to likely get it to disappear but only then .

TD

Offline icontact

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2006, 01:49 PM »
If it is electrical interfearance push your IR button if it comes with one. On the Marcum anyway, this should wipe out any electrical inter.
I gotta chubby

trapperdirk

« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2006, 04:29 PM »
Ok pen then slipperybob . LOL ;D Zee is talking just being able to see his cable from my understanding not about getting interference in a signal sense Icontact . Lets call the cable a weed .

TD

Offline Zee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2006, 05:31 PM »
hehe, yeap, not interference per se. The unit is just doing its job.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.