Author Topic: Same old story  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Same old story
« on: Feb 07, 2011, 12:55 PM »
I haven't posted a report in a while, I feel like I'm in a rut lately... Crappie, crappie, crappie. Tough to complain when we ae catching slobs every time out but I need to change things up a little.

This morning was more of the same. Same place, same depth, same pattern, same results. We were fishing Lindy Rattl'n Flyers tipped with fatheads. Most fish were in 32 feet of water suspended between 20 and 24 feet down. Some of the hits were extremely aggressive with fish flying in and pounding the jig, other hits were very light.

The conditions were MUCH better today with ZERO snow on the ice. The last couple of days really helped things out. I measured 13" of ice, half was white, the rest was clear and black. I checked White Oaks on the way home and was thrilled to find that I could down the access road again. I may finally get to fish it on Wednesday for the first time in almost 3 weeks!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Same old story
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Nice!  Maybe for a change up a hike into Chapman is in order.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2011, 03:08 PM »
Ummmm.... No... I'm not man enough for that hike anymore.

Actually, over the weekend, I had a customer walk ACROSS the river to a pike spot north of there.  :o

Offline 1fishon1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2011, 04:58 PM »
hmmmm that sounds kinda like fun....blaine its been the same here nothing but crappies and gills but im definatly not pulling the size fish that you guys are.
[img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetemp/language/www/US/CT/Newington.gif" alt="Click for Newington, Connecticut Forecast" border="0" height

Offline Paul D.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2011, 05:01 PM »
No need to have carried the auger all the way out there this am, there should have been a few hundred holes to choose from  ;D. great to  hear they are feeding again, it has shut down for a while for my crew, lots of lookers and smaller fish.
If you have a window for an evening trip, you have the #.

Offline pikePERSUADER1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Northern Pike- all other fish are bait
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2011, 05:41 PM »

Actually, over the weekend, I had a customer walk ACROSS the river to a pike spot north of there.  :o
you wouldnt catch me walking across that river!!!!!!

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2011, 05:53 PM »
No need to have carried the auger all the way out there this am, there should have been a few hundred holes to choose from  ;D. great to  hear they are feeding again, it has shut down for a while for my crew, lots of lookers and smaller fish.
If you have a window for an evening trip, you have the #.

Yep... Travelled light today. Evenings are tough for me but I'd love to try it... The mornings (aside from getting up at 2:50) have been a blast. Still, I'm looking forward to fishing my home turf again!

Offline Paul D.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2011, 06:27 PM »
Keep hoping you'll find the big ones in there (home turf) . Had um up to 17" when It was still acessable, :-X.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2011, 07:18 PM »

I fish that area a ton for pike, and there is a spot id love to ice fish north of the launch, open water and theirs usually twelve boats jammed in tight...But I'm not walking unless I see some footprints and have someone with me.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2011, 06:56 AM »
An icebreaker was working his way upriver yesterday, long walk if you're on the opposite side from your car.

Offline tomb raider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2011, 09:14 AM »
I'd take a crappie day over being skunked anyday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.