The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Well I got my Bibs and coat today  (Read 578 times)

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
Well I got my Bibs and coat today
« on: Dec 02, 2010, 04:48 PM »
Didn't have $350 to drop on the IA Extreme suit but was up by Northwoods today and stopped in.. They had the Vexilar cold snap for $90 top and $80 bottoms... and the IA blue suits for $239. Well I ended up coming home with the cold-snap set. Only thing is right now I got run Clam shanty, H'Bird flasher.... Considering taking all the vexilar stitching out of it...

Offline jTaco

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Well I got my Bibs and coat today
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:19 PM »
northwoods is awesome but the ol carhartts are gonna have to do this year!

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:37 PM »
i am glad you guys are finding north woods because they have a very good inventory of ice fishing gear

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2010, 06:40 PM »
I am going into my third full year with my Cold Snap gear. You will be so impressed at the value for that relatively small amount of cash. Very warm stuff!

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline superslabs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2010, 06:59 PM »
Hay i got some new duds today to. Artic Armor is what i went with in the camo. I do some duck hunting and a camo suit that floats is a bonus. You could deer hunt in it to, its super quite. I picked it up at Factory Surplus Sales in Montague.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Offline Redbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2010, 07:51 PM »
I am a little jealous.  But its hard to beat sweatshirt and jeans with heat and a shanty. Untill the walk back to the truck!
\"YOUR FLAG IS..... down!\"

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Oh i got full heat in the shanty too but running 30 mph out on the bay get pretty cold

Offline Alias

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2010, 12:46 AM »
Didn't have $350 to drop on the IA Extreme suit but was up by Northwoods today and stopped in.. They had the Vexilar cold snap for $90 top and $80 bottoms... and the IA blue suits for $239. Well I ended up coming home with the cold-snap set. Only thing is right now I got run Clam shanty, H'Bird flasher.... Considering taking all the vexilar stitching out of it...
Why do you care if the brands don't match? You're not sponsored by any of these companies.  I have 2 clam shanties and the IA suit, but don't personally care for Genz after meeting and talking with him a couple of times. Mark Martin (walleye fisherman, not nascar legend) on the other hand was great to meet and talk to, but I don't go out and buy everything that sponsors him.  Just buy and use what works good or feels good to you

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.