The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: slide lake  (Read 975 times)

Offline Wyosledder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd rather be fishin
slide lake
« on: Nov 30, 2013, 05:48 AM »
5-6 inches of clear hard ice on slide lake . About  40 people  were out skating. I have never seen the lake freeze this smooth.It is frozen so smooth and clear it looks like open water in places but its ice. Caught three cuts and a mack,nothing big but going to get back after them today

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: slide lake
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2013, 12:53 PM »
I haven't been there in twenty years. Post some pics!

Offline mackattack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2013, 05:21 PM »
Was out there today as well. Were you over by the boat ramp?  I went east and got a 5lb Mack   I've never seen the ice like that either. It is beautiful   Saw a pretty good laker through the ice just cruising as well

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2013, 08:02 AM »
Did you guys see any Buffalo around Kelly ?    :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline Wyosledder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd rather be fishin
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2013, 10:02 AM »
 Yes we were off the boat ramp,Porgy came by skating and told me you had caught a nice one around the corner. No buffalo on the Kelly road,I have a tag for a cow if they ever come down. We had a few good tugs from better fish but only landed  smaller ones.  The whole lake roared very suddenly and we figured it must have been an earthquake,sure enough there was a small earthquake yesterday. That was  an attention getter! It is raining and snowing now. I have  a few pics I have to get off of the phone and I will try to get them posted.

Offline mackattack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2013, 09:48 PM »
holy smokes man! ive never heard anything like that on the ice before! I thought for sure all those skaters were going in. It was as loud as thunder and started under my feet and traveled west to let out that thunder clap. This storm will make for good fishing up there if you can stand it.

Offline Wyosledder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd rather be fishin
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2013, 11:42 AM »
 That was the biggest bang I ever heard on ice!  I am going to get back up there when I can.I need to get an elk and get the Buffalo out of the way  and then its all ice fishing.  I got broke off up there last year right after the first snow,got a good look at the head in the hole before the line snapped.  I usually try to fish down by the islands but it was too far for my father in law to walk.  Maybe I'll catch you up there next time. I need to go get some bullheads before the next trip up there

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2013, 03:28 PM »
Just wondering how do you rig up your bull heads for ice fishing? I use them a lot in the summer but have never used them through the ice. Maybe a drops hot rig?

Offline Wyosledder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd rather be fishin
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2013, 06:25 PM »
 I fish the most with white jigs,tube or foxy  jig,or marabou type with a good solid hook  right into the mouth and out the top of the head and if they are short biting I will add a treble stinger and hook it in the belly

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2013, 11:24 PM »
How big of bull heads are you using I have all sizes from 1 1/2- 4 inches? I did rig one like that once last year fishing great river lakes had tons of lakers hit too far back so I have tied up a bunch of stingers to use this year. Are you jigging them or just letting them sit? Thanks for the info I'm still trying to figure these guys out through the ice.

Offline Wyosledder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd rather be fishin
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2013, 11:46 AM »
 I prefer the medium size or smaller most of the time,3"  or so

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.