Author Topic: Zelma Reservoir  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Fish Master

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Zelma Reservoir
« on: Nov 25, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Headin to Zelma tommorow, gonna check out the ice and hopefully wet a line if the ice is alright. I was just wondering if anyones been out in that area, or fished it during the summer to give a little insight. I had pretty good luck for eyes there last winter, but have been out of the loop on how its been fishing. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline Meatro14

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Zelma Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2006, 06:48 PM »
they stocked it with a couple hundred walleye fry a couple years back due to some winter kill...but by now it should be picking up

Offline Fish Master

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2006, 03:53 PM »
Got my first couple fish of the season sunday. Ended up getting 2 nice walleye and had a few others on that I couldn't bring up. Best fishing I've had out there ever, hopefully I can sneak out there again this week and get a couple more.

Offline Meatro14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2006, 05:56 PM »
you were at zelma?

Offline Fish Master

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2006, 07:46 PM »
yeah, I was there before sun-up and left shortly after that, I got called in to work and got scammed out of my day on the ice. Kinda a downer but what can you do. you make it out that way on the weekend meatro?

Offline Meatro14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2006, 06:44 PM »
I've never fished it cause i heard of the winterkill, but i knew it would be getting better cause they stocked it...ill try and fish that lake maybe this year...I wonder if the eyes are any better at sundown then sunup

Offline Fish Master

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2006, 07:36 PM »
yeah I read the report from the stocking they did in 2004 and they put 600,000 walleye fry in there. Its just a weird place to fish because its hard to find any significant depth variations. I've had all my luck for eyes and pike right on the edge of weed beds that are scattered through-out. We got two right as the sun was starting up and then had to pack up shortly after so hard to say if it was a freak thing or if we would have got a couple more. Either way I'm eager to get back out and try again.

Offline Fish Master

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2006, 06:20 PM »
Hey guys its me again. I guess I'm the one that started this topic in the forum, and having somewhat decent success on my little fishing excursion to the resevoir it would seem I know what I'm talking about. However, having the decency to admit when dumb luck comes into play I realize that I really don't know anything about the lake, and again was wondering if anyone knew anything about how it fishes in the summer, where in the resevoir there might be some different depth changes (which seems eceptionally hard to find), or just any experiences on Zelma at all would be appreciated. I will also propose a quid pro quo for saskatchewan lakes if anyone is interested, if so message me privately to discuss.

Offline ybone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2007, 04:17 PM »
 Anyone been out here lately? Would like to give it a try but not too sure about getting onto the ice and being able to drive around.TIA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.