Author Topic: has this happened to you  (Read 1718 times)

Offline frozenstiff

• IceShanty Rookie
has this happened to you
« on: Feb 02, 2006, 07:49 PM »
the other day I was dropping my tip up down and I felt a tug so I set the hook and whoa la I had a pike the line wasn't even 3 feet down how often has this happened to you?

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
Re: has this happened to you
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2006, 09:07 PM »
I have had this happen once about 3 years ago.  The flag popped up and it hit me in the face. 

billybono

« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2006, 09:14 PM »
i was fishing with flagstealer a few weeks ago and he had a flag. went to set it and missed the pike. re-minnowed and was setting the bait down the hole. as he was lowering it the pike came out of nowhere and smashed the bait. he saw the pike actually hit the minnow. landed that fish too  ;)

billybono

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2006, 06:06 AM »
I have had this happen once about 3 years ago.  The flag popped up and it hit me in the face. 

same thing happened to me and I have the scare to prove it
Got me right in the mouth :'(
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline blackdogs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2006, 01:01 PM »
I caught a walleye on an orange depth finder.  Drilled the 3 holes for my tipups(wisconsin) set the first two, got to the 3rd one, cleaned it out, clipped on my depth finder, threw it down the hole and as soon as I brought it up off the bottom that little bugger smacked it.  About a 13 incher.  Funny as hell!!!!

Saw it happen to my uncle resetting his tipup after catching a fish, only his was on a pink depth finder!!!!

Offline Auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicks dig blaze orange!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2006, 01:39 PM »
i was fishing with flagstealer a few weeks ago and he had a flag. went to set it and missed the pike. re-minnowed and was setting the bait down the hole. as he was lowering it the pike came out of nowhere and smashed the bait. he saw the pike actually hit the minnow. landed that fish too  ;)

billybono

I had the exact same thing happen to me a few years ago.  I missed a pike and pulled up the smelt, which was torn up a little.  After a minute or so re-rigging the smelt, I lowered it back down the hole.  Before I could even set the flag, I felt the pike hit the smelt.  I was only in about 5 feet of water.  Must have been the same fish, right?
High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement .

Seattle Seven Member #000003

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2006, 06:00 PM »
I had a similar thing happen recently....I was fishing with a buddy and out wives..His wife wanted to see the aquavu in action so I put on a fiska that is simialr to a tiny jigging Rap...No sooner did I have it down the hole and in the view of the camera...a little pike slammed it and broke the tip off my Ultra Lite....The perfect aquavu moment...still just a rush just talking about that stike...and thankfully no stiches

grumpymoe

« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2006, 08:08 PM »
several times....afew back, my brother lost a pike near the hole....had his hook over the hole as he re-rigged.....hammerhandle jumped right out of the hole...missed the bait....and landed on the ice......too funny.....another time on the soft....a guest tired out after landing one of her first fish of the day.....propped the rod across the side of the boat with the lure hanging up over the side......WHammmmmm... .pike on!!!!...too funny.....Grump

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.