Author Topic: question for new hampshire trout fisherman.  (Read 771 times)

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
question for new hampshire trout fisherman.
« on: Nov 17, 2009, 06:43 PM »
how did you guys do in ny?

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: question for new hampshire trout fisherman.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2009, 01:35 PM »
Hey Lavaman & Scott,

Overall we had a good trip. The weather was great... we never really saw any rain and the temps were comfortable. However, everyone else must've thought the same because it was pretty crowded out there. Bob went 3 for 5 and landed 2 decent Steelies and a Brown, and I also went 3 for 5, landing 2 Browns and a Steel-head. We both lost a couple BIG fish :'( ...Mine was a heart-breaker...I hooked into a big chrome steelie that was about 15lbs...He hit hard and skimmed across the surface about 10ft giving us a good look at him...I fought with him for 5-6 minutes, when hit wrapped himself around a big rock...I was able to manuever him back around and keep him on, but then he ran for the faster water down-river....I kept him on, but he kept peeling out line...Our guide Tom was going to have me hop out of the drift boat to chase him down stream but didn't realize how much line he took out as he was at least 200ft down river....he had the momentum going and I couldn't really do much with the drag pretty much tightened as much as it could go with out snapping...We were just about to chase him down river in the boat when he broke off on a rock, and the line went slack.... :'(  I was quite disappointed to say the least...

The conditions were great for wading, but as I mentioned it was crowded with many people taking advantage of the low water flow...Bob and I focused on fishing the lower end of the river where it wasn't as crowded...I can't see how someone would enjoy fishing shoulder to shoulder with 30-40 other guys like they do below the hatchery? (Altmar)...Granted there is more of a concentration of fish up there, but what a circus....Just my opinion ::)

Here's a few pics from the weekend and a video of Bob landing one of his very first Steelhead....

Click to watch video...

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2009, 01:55 PM »
Nice, glad you guys had a good trip. Stinks to loose a nice one like that but I guess that's how it goes sometimes.

Good pics!
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2009, 02:10 PM »
Looks like you guys had a great trip with some nice fish. Thanks for the post.
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2009, 02:10 PM »
Nice, glad you guys had a good trip. Stinks to loose a nice one like that but I guess that's how it goes sometimes.

Good pics!

Thanks SS,

It was a good trip overall, The last time I was out there with my father we both went 7 for 8, with steelhead averaging 10-15lbs....Like my friend/guide Tom said it usually averages out....

Since I've been going to NY (6 times)  I've gone 1 for 1, 3 for 3, 0-0 (very slow/cold that time) 3 for 3 , 7 for 8 and 3 for 5......so 17 for 20 or 85%

Already looking forward to the next trip ;D ;)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2009, 05:51 PM »
great job guys......looks like you had a lot of fun....as for not taking in the big fish.....sounds like you did all you could.......great pictures and video...... ;D
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2009, 05:56 PM »
Nice bunch of fish guys :)WTG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.