Author Topic: Lake Champlain  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
Lake Champlain
« on: Oct 22, 2009, 06:55 PM »
Never fish it, just wondering if any of you ever make it up for a day trip or an  overnight-er?
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline nhpikeking

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lake Champlain
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2009, 09:22 PM »
i fish it all the time my favorite place to fish im actually going this upcomming week weather permitting for my last softwater trip but its well worth the drive if you go for pike and warmwater fish youll be busy chasing flags all day my last ice fishing trip of last season we went threw 6 dozen shiners and on our best day softwater fishing this season we caught over 70 fish including my 16.5 pound northern and some very large bass if you have an questions ask i know the lake really well

catch pike like its my job

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2009, 02:47 PM »
I fish it several times a year both hardwater and softwater.  I fish the inland sea, sand bar area for salmon/lakers in the spring and I go to Holiday Harbor and kelly bay in the winter for northerns.

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2009, 07:05 AM »
I fish it several times a year both hardwater and softwater.  I fish the inland sea, sand bar area for salmon/lakers in the spring and I go to Holiday Harbor and kelly bay in the winter for northerns.

Chief
The Inland Sea is that near Grand Isle?

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2009, 12:16 PM »
Yup!!!!  I usually launch at Apple Island Marina just after you crosss the sand bar on Rt-2.

Offline nhpikeking

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2009, 11:46 PM »
hey chief how are the lakers on the deep side(north side) of the sandbar causeway ? was thinking about targeting lakers this year

catch pike like its my job

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2009, 02:05 PM »
hey chief how are the lakers on the deep side(north side) of the sandbar causeway ? was thinking about targeting lakers this year
Caught quite a few lakers in that area but mostly salmon.  Most of the big lakers are not coming from that area.  Check a "hot-spots" map.  They are for sale on the web.   

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2009, 06:31 PM »
Chief

Thanks for all the help and email..... :icefish:

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 29, 2009, 05:36 PM »
No prob!!!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 29, 2009, 06:32 PM »
Ice fished Shelbourne bay before and did well for lakers but had to walk out about a mile it seemed. Good parking and motels as well.

JIGGIN.

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 29, 2009, 07:06 PM »
Well we are planing a weekend trip up there in 2010, we have friends that live in Charlotte right outside of Burlington.

Thanks for the info again

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2009, 01:22 PM »
I just booked a cabin in Grand Isle for the first weekend in march. Love fishin Kelly's and Mississquoi for the northerns. Would love to try the sandbar also this year. Chief B, we stayed at holiday habor last year, would stay there again but no dogs allowed... the best fishing on the trip was actually right behind holiday habor... we went up towards the bridge away from the people and had an awesome day!

CJ

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2009, 06:52 PM »
I have stayed in those cabins several times.  They are awesome!!!!!  Have you ever stayed there before???

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 02, 2009, 07:18 AM »
I have stayed in those cabins several times.  They are awesome!!!!!  Have you ever stayed there before???

Chief

What cabins are you talking about, are they close to the water and fishing area?

Thumber

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2009, 08:01 AM »

Were staying at the cozy cottages in Grand Isle. Never stayed there before but they have a good pet policy and seem to be very reasonable price wise~100$ night in the winter. Are these the same ones you are talking about? How is the fishing right behind them?

CJ

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2009, 06:57 PM »
I thought you were staying at the cabins at Grande Isle State Park.  I have never stayed at "cozy cottages".

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 03, 2009, 07:11 AM »
Found them online- Cozy cottages at Hislop Landing.  says they are in Grand Isle. Open year round, there are 12 of them and when I called, they only had one left so I can only assume they do some icefishing business. I'll let you guys know how they are (though the trip isn't till 1st weekend in march)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.