Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: New Ice Shack  (Read 2522 times)

Offline NW Iowa Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
New Ice Shack
« on: Oct 22, 2007, 03:57 PM »
My new Fish Trap Pro showed up today.  Put it together and can't wait till the ice comes.  Now i got my new power auger and my new fish trap im ready to go!!!!!!!!!!

CSP88

Re: New Ice Shack
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2007, 04:04 PM »
Looks like you are ready for ice.  Now all you need is a Vexilar and you're set.  What lakes do you fish during the winter......Silver, 5 Island??

Offline NW Iowa Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2007, 04:07 PM »
Yeah i fish 5 island alot along with west okoboji and spirit.  Catch a ton of eyes out at 5 island!! Are you from around here?

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2007, 04:07 PM »
Congrads on the new shack. I bought the pro for my one man last year and I love mine.
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

CSP88

« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2007, 04:22 PM »
Yeah i fish 5 island alot along with west okoboji and spirit.  Catch a ton of eyes out at 5 island!! Are you from around here?

Born and raised in the area, moved to central Iowa 12 years ago.

Offline NW Iowa Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2007, 04:23 PM »
Really where from?

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2007, 07:23 AM »
Have fun with the new  toys.  What model auger you get?  Haven't been to 5 Island for years but thought I'd sure like to try it on the Ice.  Looks like the West side around some of the Islands should be good.  You've probably blew the budget but at some point get a flasher like CSP88  mentioned.  It kind makes the difference of sittin over an ice hole or catching fish.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Yep you betcha a flasher is a "must have" item on the ice.  If I forget mine I turn around and go home get the sob.  Feels like im blind when im without my Fl-18.   

Vexilar Never Leave Home Without It......... :laugh:

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2007, 01:08 PM »
I have never in my life been so attached to a single piece of sporting goods than my Vexy.  Without that...it's like hunting without a gun.  I would rather leave the bait behind than the Vex.

Also...last winter I fought a case of wet a$$ all winter.  Sitting on snow covered seats, etc.  I don't like the ice suits since I get to hot in the hut and like to be mobile (as in checking and moving tip ups and stuff)  So I have a new invention:  large gore-tex half pants - just below the knee.  Slips on over whatever you are wearing.  I'm calling them Boji's Gore-tex Shanty Panties.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2007, 01:41 PM »
 I got me a new (used) power auger a couple weeks agoe from CSP88, can't wait to put that to use. Heading over to BassPro in Council Bluffs later this week to pick up a new Genz II flip over and also getting a reconditioned FL-8 this week (unless I can talk the Mrs. into an FL-18)

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2007, 04:42 PM »
"Boji's Gore-tex Shanty Panties"

LOL !!      ..... Name may be a bit long ...LOL !!
You may be on to something !!

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.