New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Dont think i am coming back next year.............what a shame.  (Read 10013 times)

Offline hard_water

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • rippin lips all over NY
Dont think i will be coming back to iceshanty next year,this site has become a joke all anybody wants to do here is fight and name call and make threats. we have already lot a bunch o true angling professers Slipbob,Camofish,Rgfixit,Robb,Bigredonice, just to name a few ,seems like this has become a home for whiners and B I T C H E R S instead of true sportsman. how many times this year have i seen threads that the topic is actually illeagle to do here in NY but we got a few knuckleheads bragging about doing whatever it was? come on people WAKE UP your not only hurting  just yourself  your hurting the future of the sport.

water
GET THE NET !!!!!!!GET THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Muskie Matt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Throw'em back! & report abuse EPO # 800.632.8075
No reason to give up your over 4 years of dedication to this site.  I agree it's not easy to ignore some of the wrong doings I've noticed, but you have to let it go.  There are far too many good people on this site to have it ruined by a select few.  Hope you reconsider.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What organization, with over 12,000 members, does not have a variety of personalities, and communication types?
You wanting everyone to act and sound the same, purges the system of diversity. Diversity can be, and is good for healthy dialogue and debate. How fun, or productive would it be if everyone agreed with one another?
Some of the best knowledge and ideas I have learned from this site, have arisen from the diversified angles of thought present on this site. If you do not appreciate, or cannot tolerate hearing others opinions, approaches, even though you do not agree with them, then leaving may be best for you.
I hope you reconsider. I am new this year, but adore this site, and become passionate about my stances, and like to share my opinions as others do, but would in no way want to drive you from this site.
Hang in there, too much to miss by not being here. :)

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
I wouldn't give up yet. Yes there are some knuckleheads on here but you can ignore them. Look for the good posts and enjoy the pictures thread. Plus you could always lurk. >:D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
Don't let other peoples opinions and childish name calling discourage you from this site.  The grass is never greener on the other side.  This happens all over the place.  You get this much testosterone in one area and you are going to have these problems.

Offline pyle

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well said RL, Im new this year also and found it to be very informative. The complaing and whinning is normal with 12,000 peps. Its normal with 12 people.....lol   Just grin and bear it. Its worth ignorning the negatives to get all the possitive feedback. Im a perfect example. I post a pic of a pike i was proud of and got pounded for it. But here I am. stupid maybe or just like the site and all the info that can be picked up from here!

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
Sorry you feel that way.  I've had a great time B.S.'n and meeting new people.  You get what you want out of life in ANYTHING you do.  Take what you want and forget the rest. 

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

walleyechaser

or you could just join brother Roy in the MIRC shanty where everything goes and nobody fights with anyone.

Nor are we violators.

Offline Jack Hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
I agree with the other guys, don't give up.  There are lots of guys like myself who monitor the site but don't have much to offer in the line of advice.  I don't get out very often to fish, so I don't have much to add.  I do enjoy the back and forth though and the wisdom of many of the contributors.

jack

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
or you could just join brother Roy in the MIRC shanty where everything goes and nobody fights with anyone.

Nor are we violators.

I am always looking for NYRC chapter members for the MIRC shanty.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline fishyfinger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Sitting on your icehole is catching!!
Re: Dont think i am coming back next year.............what a shame.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2007, 03:09 PM »
Hey hardwater!!!! You ever use a CB radio??? :P it's just like that on channel 19 >:( I have to say you are correct and this is why I don't even turn on the two way in the 18 wheeler any more ::) Friggin ringyangs on there and here as well talkin crap all the time but ya gotta know that you are always above them and YOU can turn it off any time ;D or enjoy the volley of stupid people behind the mike or in this case the qwerty. Keep in mind while you fish there will always be stupid people talkin' crap somewhere, BUT THEY AIN"T FISHIN' :thumbsup: :cookoo: :clap:
fishy
drillem & killem then grillem, OH YEAH!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Mar 07, 2007, 03:59 PM »
Hard Water,
Heck, you've been around here longer than me! Don't give up the Shanty to a knucklehead. I've almost bailed a couple of times, but there's just too much good stuff here.

I'm hoping you'll change your mind. There ain't that many of the old crew left.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • perch,crappie,w alleye,steelhea d,northern,etc.
« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:08 PM »
hey ive been here a long time myself and thought about leaving but that just gives the trouble makers what they want thay want to be able to say what they want when they want to say it id just hang out theyll be weeded through eventually

Offline doctariAFC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Stop yer squealin' and start reelin'!"
« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Hey Hard Water,

Don't let the trolls get to you.  There is a whole lot of good here at Ice Shanty.  Far outweighs the bad....  By a longshot.

And hey, sometimes the threads can provide a high level of comedic entertainment, and its FREE!!

Besides, when you get beat up a bit, its like being home with the old lady, right?  Kidding...

Seriously, don't let the trolls get to you. 
Ol' Doctari
2014 Recording Sec Erie County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs
2014 Secretary Western NY Environmental Federation
Erie County Fisheries Advisory Board
Region 9 Rep NYSCC Big Game Committee - 2014 Co-Chair
Member NYSOWA
Member Northern Chautauqua Conservation Club
Member Audubon Fishing Club
Freelance Outdoor Writer

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:17 PM »
There's losers and crybabies everywhere...  overall this is a great site; just ignore the morons...  they're probably just bored and cranky 'cuz they're not catching any fish...  hang in there

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:20 PM »
to anyone thinking about leaving iceshanty.com. in every post there is a report to moderator bar. DO NOT be afraid to use it. that will bring it to our attention so we can weed out the losers and keep this site as it was meant to be. we can not be every where at once so once and a while a post or two slip by us. that is why the membership is our eyes and ears to let us know about  inappropriate posts.

HIMO
                                              iceshanty moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline pokerman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:26 PM »
I think all of the problems would be solved if there was a nominal yearly membership fee in order to gain access to the reports/conditions section, perhaps $50.00.  This would eliminate the lurkers getting free info without contributing, and would eliminate the useless banter and insults.  The membership fees could be used to throw an end-of-season blowout or fishing contest on a big body of water like Sodus, or some other awesome event.

Just my thoughts . . .

POkerman

Offline pyle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:27 PM »
How can you possibly throw a party for a forum that has members all over the states and canada?

Offline KingFisher1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:29 PM »
How can you possibly throw a party for a forum that has members all over the states and canada?
We could have the party at my house, and I get to keep the extra money from those that live too far to come.

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • perch,crappie,w alleye,steelhea d,northern,etc.
« Reply #19 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:30 PM »
you cant access the reports and cond board if your not a signed in member try signing out and go there i dont think it will let you in as a guest

Offline pokerman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:31 PM »

I'm talkin about the New York forum . . . most of us are located in the Upstate area, perhaps have it near the center of the state, e.g., Oneida.  I think it would be a heck of a lot of fun.
"Don't dismiss, you're very quick to dismiss."  -G. Costanza.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:36 PM »
I'm talkin about the New York forum . . . most of us are located in the Upstate area, perhaps have it near the center of the state, e.g., Oneida.  I think it would be a heck of a lot of fun.
"Don't dismiss, you're very quick to dismiss."  -G. Costanza.

Great Idea......Esox

Hopefully if one does happen, next year there won't be 5 feet of snow on Oneida on the weekend it's planned.....
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline meatman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:42 PM »
a wise man once told me "everyone has something to say, just filter out the b.s. and take what you can learn."  there are some threads that get a little chatty,  but guys mostly are trying to learn, Ive been guilty of it, i try to stick to topic but sometimes i fail to do so.  is that a reason for some one to get crucified, no but i think that leaving the site would be a mistake, then they win.  all the whiners will take over and it will be like a microcosm of America today.  the good people lay down and just get fed up with all the bad in the world, they just stop trying.  fill up your buddy list with people u like, people who are reliable sources and p.m. them.  thanks for your time and don't give up the good fight.  p.s.  vote early- vote Conservative. :tipup:

Offline hard_water

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • rippin lips all over NY
« Reply #23 on: Mar 07, 2007, 05:19 PM »
It just seems like everyday there is new drama...........this is a fishing site lets talk fishing and what we can do to ensure my kids and yours have a place like this to learn and perhaps even teach a few of us a thing or 2. there is ton of water here in NY if you get crowded in your favorite spot move to another i mean it seems more stressful to me to argue and scream and holler than it would be to just move on, not everyone here was brought up to show respect for themselves or others i know this and i try to teach respect even though 9 out of 10 times it blows up in my face but there is always 1 who puts a smile on my face. i will try to let it roll off my back fellas but sometimes i just want to turn it off.

water
GET THE NET !!!!!!!GET THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #24 on: Mar 07, 2007, 05:25 PM »
It just seems like everyday there is new drama...........this is a fishing site lets talk fishing and what we can do to ensure my kids and yours have a place like this to learn and perhaps even teach a few of us a thing or 2. there is ton of water here in NY if you get crowded in your favorite spot move to another i mean it seems more stressful to me to argue and scream and holler than it would be to just move on, not everyone here was brought up to show respect for themselves or others i know this and i try to teach respect even though 9 out of 10 times it blows up in my face but there is always 1 who puts a smile on my face. i will try to let it roll off my back fellas but sometimes i just want to turn it off.

water

We love you man
Can't you see

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Mar 07, 2007, 05:41 PM »
Drama is for sissies! I try to avoid threads that are based on preaching opinion or rant. In life I have learned that it is pointless to try to change an opinion of an ignoramus or one of limited intelligence. Why even try? Don't dump a great site because of some doof. It would be like quitting driving because others don't know how to drive. Why not quit icefishing because of 4 wheeler hooligans? Stick around, some of us enjoy intelligent exchange.

Don't dump the pail because of a few belly floaters. ;D

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #26 on: Mar 07, 2007, 05:45 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: just make believe you are a duck and let it roll off your back. as a moderator on this site for a few years I have dealt with many a problem worse than this. Scott, our administrator will handle any problem with swiftness and fairness. If you feel a post is not appropriate, P.M. the administrator and he will handle it himself. We are here to make this site what it was intended for, ICEFISHING INFO.there are threads for the B.S. As long as the membership police themselves to help out the Moderators we can maintain control of this, "THE BEST ICEFISHING SITE ON THE WEB". If you have a problem with any post, e-mail me or P.M. me and I will do my utmost to help you solve your problem.

HIMO
                                                   iceshanty moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline Holewatcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • in a trance watching the flag
« Reply #27 on: Mar 07, 2007, 05:45 PM »
I understand your concerns but look at the friends you have made and fishing partners collected. I myself am from Indiana, but I enjoy the pictures and I'm not afraid to leave a good job post. I don't know if you can charge for memberships as this entire site is owned by Scott, plus you would deny the newby a chance to learn anything, I know I wouldn't pay for anything I'm not familier with but want to learn. Just my $.02. sorry if I offended anyone.
I need to go to the bathroom, but it might flip up if I go.

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 07, 2007, 05:57 PM »
Don't let other people bother you... ignore them and do your own thing

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Mar 07, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Keep the faith I would hate to see another long time member leave. Yes, there are threads that can be annoying but with so many different threads to look through skip the BS ones and focus on the good ones.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.