The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: ICe fishing Predictions?  (Read 764 times)

Offline quantumreel

• Team IceShanty Regular
ICe fishing Predictions?
« on: Oct 04, 2012, 08:36 PM »
Hey hows everyone this year, i havent been on in a while due to last years one day season, when do yall think we are gonna be on the ice by?

Offline uxbridgeian

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ICe fishing Predictions?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2012, 09:48 PM »
I've been feeling a good year coming on. been a pretty cool fall, also noticed a lot of acorns this year, which is exact opposite of last year. i literally didn't see one acorn last fall. who else feels a freezing winter  comin on?

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2012, 07:29 AM »
The leaves.... they are a changin! Just about time to step into a tree stand. Then hopefully ICE! :tipup:

Offline masspike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2012, 10:33 AM »
its treestand time ...get that food for icefishing
a bad day of fishing....is better than a good day @ work

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2012, 02:22 PM »
I predict my first day on the ice will be the day before my second day on the ice!

Last year I made it out New Year's Eve, I'd like to be out before Christmas like normal years, though.

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline rokibass

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flag Up
« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2012, 06:57 AM »
I'm guessing by December 15th. I think this fall is going to get cold quick. Just  a few more trips on the soft water and the boat will be on mothballs. Now the acorn thing I've heard that a lot of people are getting buried with them this year but I'm in Leominster and have zero on the ground. Strange. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Offline jtk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2012, 11:50 AM »
ive see some acorns this year that were bigger than any id seen before. i dunno if that means anything either.
"give a man a fish and he will eat for the day. teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Offline Jack978

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2012, 01:07 PM »
My guess is this will be a more or less normal winter.  Several years ago we had a warm winter and then a few normal winters and then last year warm again.  If the weather is cyclical then we should be in for ice about the second week of Decemeber and with luck enough to be on safely by New Years.  I just hope Haloween passes without another freak strom the knocks the power out for 5 days and causes all the limbs to fall.  Last year that sucked.  The upside was I got a new trailer for my boat out of that storm since my old one got squished.  Had a tree fall on the boat and the trailer collapsed but the boat was fine. 

Offline A. Moss Bunker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 07, 2012, 10:32 PM »
I've noticed that the squirrels tails are bushy this fall which means a cold winter.
The charm of fishing is that it
is the pursuit of what is elusive
but attainable, a perpetual series
of occasions for hope.  - John Buchan -

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2012, 05:56 PM »
i noticed the squirrel tails too. i'm with you. i hope it means something.

Offline nbmabrian

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2012, 07:21 AM »
I worked construction for over 30 yrs. Every one of them outside year round and got to where I could read the weather patterns pretty good I think.
My prediction is a very cold snowy winter coming with lots of ice. I've never gone ice fishing, but am looking forward to it this year with one of my new fishing buddies Mark Barlow.
Hopefully, my prediction is good and the fishing better !!
Looking forward to catching some big ones of every species !!

Offline petrgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2012, 09:45 AM »
I worked construction for over 30 yrs. Every one of them outside year round and got to where I could read the weather patterns pretty good I think.
My prediction is a very cold snowy winter coming with lots of ice. I've never gone ice fishing, but am looking forward to it this year with one of my new fishing buddies Mark Barlow.
Hopefully, my prediction is good and the fishing better !!
Looking forward to catching some big ones of every species !!
Welcome and hope to see you and MB out there this year.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2012, 04:06 PM »
My prediction is just after thanksgiving ! It's more often than not I'm fishing on about 4-5" of solid clear ice (Berkshire mountains)  . For us few extreme nut balls , we will fish just as often as every other year . WE WILL JUST PAY MORE AND PUT 3500 MILES ON IN 2 MONTHS  >:(  Fingers,Toes,Legs,Arms,Eyes are crossed for an extremely frigid NO SNOW Winter !!!!

Offline baitbig

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bigbait
« Reply #13 on: Oct 11, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Just to get on the ice more then ten times this year, last year was the worst  ever!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.