Author Topic: What's the story?  (Read 1285 times)

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
What's the story?
« on: Mar 25, 2014, 02:33 PM »
Hey guys, just wondering if there's still 2+ feet of ice in the Sanbornton/ winnisquam area? I'll be heading up this weekend and I'm goin to hermit lake. Just wondering if the ice is still safe for my kubota rtv

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: What's the story?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2014, 03:21 PM »
Maybe not 2 feet but you should be good to.. like any time just be carful. you could have 10" some places and five feet away you could have an 1". So just be careful. If you feel comfortable then go ahead. I would personally but we all have to decide for ourselves. and remember there is not a fish living worth dying for. gfood luck if you go.
PB

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2014, 03:37 PM »
As long as you are aware of where any moving waters may be, most ponds should have good ice for a few weeks to come.
I fishing Gorham Pond in Dunbarton (Southern NH) on Sunday and the ice/frozen snow mix was over 2 feet thick. (1/2 solid ice on the bottom, 1/2 frozen snow on top)
Keep in mind, as I'm sure others will attest to, that the shorelines will erode first. Then there's also the addage: When the ice goes grey, it's time to stay away!"

Still, as long as you play it safe and don't push your luck, you still can hit the ice....only carefully!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline dunphy11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2014, 08:43 AM »
Hey guys, just wondering if there's still 2+ feet of ice in the Sanbornton/ winnisquam area? I'll be heading up this weekend and I'm goin to hermit lake. Just wondering if the ice is still safe for my kubota rtv
Tons of ice in lakes region. I did notice some rocky points showing some melting but the main body of all lakes have 20+ " ice.  Narrows and rocky edges points of awareness.

Offline boneyard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2014, 10:18 AM »
Was on Winnisquam Sanbornton side Sunday and there is still 2 feet of ice.

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2014, 01:31 PM »
Thanks guys, sounds great  :tipup:

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2014, 04:27 PM »
Tons of ice in lakes region. I did notice some rocky points showing some melting but the main body of all lakes have 20+ " ice.  Narrows and rocky edges points of awareness.

Very well stated, Sir.  :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.