Author Topic: used new Trekker 2 today !!  (Read 1016 times)

Offline ihavethetools

• Team IceShanty Regular
used new Trekker 2 today !!
« on: Dec 19, 2010, 05:03 PM »
Finally got to use the new Trekker 2 i bought a couple months ago. All i kept asking myself was...What the heck took me so long to get a flip over. Pulling it loaded with gear was no problem. Ran my little buddy htr and had to keep it on the low setting. The Reflectix i put inside helped alot. I had to take off my Artic Armor jacket off while inside. Frabill makes on top notch shelter, easy set up and take down. I'm a happy fisherman today !!

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: used new Trekker 2 today !!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2010, 05:07 PM »
Can't wait to get out in mine. Same as you just picked it up this fall. Glad to hear the praises.

Offline tonebea

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2010, 06:00 PM »
Got my first flasher last year and my catch went up 10 fold. This year I got the flip-over, mr. heater, and artic armour. I can't wait to be nice and comfy while catching fish now.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2010, 06:20 PM »
Im a Clam guy, I have been for years, but this new line of Frabills is top notch, I actually recomended one today to a buddy over a clam

Offline fishermanna82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2010, 07:26 PM »
i don't think you can go wrong with clam or frabill. ya there has been a problems with the clams hardware but by the time you get new hardware they are about the same price.

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2010, 08:24 PM »
I also got a new Trekker 2 this year and thought the same thing, "what took me so long to get a flip over."  I love mine and it is easy for one guy to haul/load, and perfect for 2 guys as well, or one person and your dog...
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2010, 08:41 PM »
 Love my Trekker! It is great to the fact that if it is nice enough out you can just put just part of it to be a wind block! thats how i fish mine alot!

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2010, 09:46 PM »
 One thing to watch on the Trekkers is the brackets on the sides will cut the seat cloth! I found a rubber protector that works really good. If anybody wants some of the protective material I will send it to you for $10 that includes shipping to you.  I complained to Frabil about this and the sent me a entire seat and frame at no charge!!!! Frabil rocks!!! I also just made a center console for my Trekker. Works great!
  Matt

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2010, 09:48 PM »
flipovers rock

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:32 AM »
portable solid shantys rock.  flip overs are alot more convienient then hub style shantys though.

Offline iTrek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2010, 09:04 AM »
I just bought the trekker dlx this year. I don't know how I fished without it almost as important as my Marcum! Flip-overs are great for panfishing. 

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:52 PM »
i wouldnt trade mine for anything its so convenient. its the perfect size for gear and 2 people fishing.. i have the regular trekker i would like to order the trekker 2 deluxe tent material for mine though... its a little bit thicker mine has 3 season on it now and it has a few small cuts in it. i may call frabill and see how much just the tent part would be. it would be sweet if i could do that

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.