Author Topic: Eagle claw inline reel  (Read 1233 times)

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Eagle claw inline reel
« on: Jan 26, 2014, 02:03 PM »
So I picked one up with a rod for 35 dollars.

Lined it with 4 lb flouro

It takes some getting used to but I am liking this reel. Free spool is good but keep your hand on the open side of the reel to control it or it will back spool. The friction setup they have in the reel is not that good, wish it was magnetic like my bait caster, or I am stupid. Take your pick.

Drag was smooth and did not lock up. I pretty much set the drag enough to set the hook and then I can play the fish like I am using my fly reel which I love to do.

Pencil gripping this reel with gloves will not work. I also switched the drive from left to right in about 5 minutes watching a video.

So far I am pleased with my 35 dollars spent. It kind of blends the best of fly, bait, and spinning reels into one.

Couldn't see myself spending the money on a Black Betty until I know I like these reels. So, yes, it was kind of an impulse buy  ;D
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Eagle claw inline reel
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2014, 02:12 PM »
there is adjustment on the reel for the free fall so it doesn't back spool much.the drag kinda sucks.i don't think pencil gripping the reel wiyhout gloves works unless you have some real small hands the reel is real close to the rod.anyone want to buy a eagle claw reel?

Offline nwifisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eagle claw inline reel
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2014, 03:00 PM »
I love mine and would take it if you live close to northwest iowa.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.