Author Topic: Strike sensor pager and transmitters... used one?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline hrlevi1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Strike sensor pager and transmitters... used one?
« on: Feb 21, 2007, 06:17 PM »
Does anyone have experience with the Strike Sensor pager and transmitters? 

I have been considering these as we fish at night alot and when you are in the shanty and not constantly watching the tipups the notification sure would be nice. 

The concept is that a transmitter is on each tipup and a pager is on kept by the fisherman.  When a flag is tripped then a signal is sent to the pager and a beep sound is made.  To me a great concept however I really want to hear from people who have used them.

thoughts?

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
Re: Strike sensor pager and transmitters... used one?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2007, 08:36 PM »
Hi,

I had the same post last week...here are the responses...

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=52079.0

shawno  8)

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2007, 07:35 AM »
This is a must have toy! I no longer have to hear the proverbial 'Hey Dude!, You have a flag again!" call as I'm in the shanty concentrating on pannies. They work in the house while I'm playing Pinnocle hundreds of yards away!
There is a red light so you can identify which trap went off. There are buss switches so you can change channels so as not to interfere with other sensors in the area.
I rubber band mine to the trap. Don't want to loose it down the hole.
In MI, we are only allowed two line in the water including traps. I have four sensors for my group, and it is wondeful to get prompt notification of a flag, and to be able to focus 100% of your attention to your jiggin stick!
Get it now!
You won't regret it! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2007, 04:17 AM »
Does anyone have experience with the Strike Sensor pager and transmitters? 

I have been considering these as we fish at night alot and when you are in the shanty and not constantly watching the tipups the notification sure would be nice. 

The concept is that a transmitter is on each tipup and a pager is on kept by the fisherman.  When a flag is tripped then a signal is sent to the pager and a beep sound is made.  To me a great concept however I really want to hear from people who have used them.

thoughts?
I had a set of 10 years ago and had them velcroed to the tip ups. They also worked nicely in summer time, Only draw back is the COST !!!!!!!!!!

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2007, 11:43 AM »
i have some of the round frabil tip ups. went to the dollar store and got a magnetic cupboard door alarm. it has the double sided tape. stuck the alarm next to the flag. i tied a piece of line to the little magnet and the flag wire. flag goes up, pulls the magnet up, and the alarm goes off. i haven't caught any fish on it yet, but i've had it set in some pretty good winds, and the wind didn't move the magnet. for a buck, you can't beat the price.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.