Author Topic: Does anyone use Strike Sensor Detectors on their tipups?  (Read 1364 times)

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
Hi All,

Does anyone use Strike Sensor Detectors on their tipups? And if so, how do they work for you?  Are they worth buying?

Any brand work better than others?

Thanks for all your responses...

shawno  8)

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Does anyone use Strike Sensor Detectors on their tipups?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2007, 05:47 PM »
Madcap,.... I use the "good" industrial velcro fasteners. Never had one come loose yet (make sure surface is clean and warm when first attaching them.) If you are adding them to wood, I might epoxy a tiny metal plate , kind of like the pad for cabinet magnets or some other hardware on them first to give a non porous surface to attach the velco to.

Offline Slammerman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's SLAMMIN' TIME !!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2007, 09:09 PM »
My wife bought one for me a few years ago when they first came out and then I got another one the next year. I've never had a problem with them. We're only allowed to run two lines per person in Michigan.

I mainly use mine in the dark, while watching TV, or when taking a nap. I had them on yesterday morning, but was never paged by a fish. I usually take them off soon after light to save on batteries. Since I'm using Slammer Tip-Ups and the fish is on when the flag goes up, I tend to stay close by and often hear when the Slammer arm slams down popping up the flag. I can always put my 209 primer caps in to alert me of a flag too.

The pic below shows how I rig my Strike Sensors. I use Velcro and attach them to small pieces of plastic for a base when using on the ice. For storage, I made the cord to the clip just the right length to wrap around the sending unit and clip back on itself thus preventing the switch from coming out. I also took a strip of Velcro and wrap it around the pager to hold the springy antenna to the side of the pager which I keep in my pocket. I keep the two senders, the pager, extra batteries, and my plastic bases in a Ziploc for storage.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Offline rex

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fish till you drop
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2007, 09:27 PM »
Strike Sensors are great but depends on the circumstances. I have been using them for many years and have videos of them in use. I use the pagers with light tipup systems when fishing in my trap or around docks where seeing the flags are hindered. They are great for walleye fishing at dark or daytime fishing while concentrating on your underwater bobber fishing for perch,walleyes, and gills. If your jig fishing you need these because jigging deserves total concentration in itelf, and if your like me...I like getting to the tip up ASAP to know whats going on... Battery life is season long and not a problem at all. I attack my sensor to the tip ups with velcro and make sure I grab the sensor with the tip up at the same time while removing from the hole, very easy to get use to. I bought mine as closeouts at Walmart but they are worth the full shot when needed. They work!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.