The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hyalite Greyling or other Hyalite tips  (Read 7141 times)

Offline jimmerjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hyalite Greyling or other Hyalite tips
« Reply #30 on: Feb 06, 2009, 01:29 PM »
i don't know if i could make it to court with you (depends on the time and day) but if i can't i would be more than willing to sign a petition or write up a letter of opinion for the judge. $175 is alot of fishing equipment.... i would kill that biatch. Who is this lady, and i was up there 3 days ago and looked for a sign, but there wasn't one.... tons of garbage on the ice too.

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 06, 2009, 03:14 PM »
I love this.  I think its great.  I think its awesome to see how many people are willing to ban together for one another.  I would be more than willing to sign a petition if anyone starts one.  Look how many people are mad about whats going on.  Its national forest and who cares if you ride a sled up there.  Thats were your supposed to ride them.  From everything Ive heard lakes especially are pretty fun to ride on because you can open up.  My biggest problem with the whole thing is like what I had posted before.  Its all about the few people who make the most noise.  Its not about keeping the most people happy.  I have heard lots of bad stuff about the ticket nazi lady up there too.  A guy I fished with today sums it up pretty good.  Now they have a place where they can sit in their pickup drink coffee and bring home a pile of tickets without really doing anything.  We hear all these stories on here about poaching and things like that.  My good friends are all government workers so I am not about to get on my soapbox and preach about a waste of taxpayers money but I think its misplaced resources.  18000 dollars to plow the road is what I read in the paper.  This ladies salary whatever it is.  Seems like a lot of wasted money so that all of bozone can get up there all winter long and leave their garbage everywhere.
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline fishawn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 06, 2009, 04:49 PM »
Jimmerjammer, I'm not sure, I couldn't read her writing, but it looked like "Pleddy"??? not sure? I would be willing to draft up a petition, but am not sure what it would detail out. I'll give it some thought while I'm on Ruby Res. this weekend, but if you fellas have some good legal jargon to throw out there I would be all ears. I need to research on who this petition would go to as well, the Forest Service? Anyhow again thanks for the support and if nothing else its good to see there are other people on my side of the fence on this one.
Fish Ninja

Offline fishforfood72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 06, 2009, 07:30 PM »
don't forget to bring along your fishing license also i forgot mine at home awhile back shes all about giving tickets so watch your self up there guys just a little heads up for you all ;D
(PATHFINDER)

Offline Icejigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 07, 2009, 09:29 AM »
Who is this "lady", F&G or USFS?

Offline jimmerjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 07, 2009, 01:04 PM »
is she a game warden?

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 09, 2009, 11:08 AM »
Im pretty sure she is forest service

Offline fishforfood72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 09, 2009, 05:25 PM »
yes forest service
(PATHFINDER)

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:37 PM »
Fished Hyalite today and finally got some.  Been there lots this year with minimal to moderate success.  Today was the day.  Worked hard to finally find a spot but my work was rewarded with a nice limit of fair to good size cutties.  Can't wait for dinner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 12, 2009, 04:14 PM »
Fished again today on the south end by the inlet and did ho hum.  Had to work for them.  They seem to like a blue jig with some red on it by the head.  Had another hit on a orange ratfinke but I was far away and never had a chance.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Feb 16, 2009, 04:21 PM »
Once again I was up.  So So not great by any means.  Few fish but mostly on the small side.  Big orange and green rat finkes and another blue jig from fish yum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Feb 25, 2009, 03:15 PM »
Fished this morning and did okay, probably landed 10 fish but only one keeper.  Had a nice one get off and another jump back in the hole but all in all a good day.  I saw quite a few nice fish down the hole but they wouldn't take the bait. 

On another note I am getting very tired of all the garbage at Hyalite.  A couple a weeks ago my dog got a fish hook in her lip and today she cut her paw wide open on a tin can lid.  It ticks me off.  Is it that hard to take your frickin garbage back home with you.  Why does everyone think its as good as a dump up there?  I can't count how many frickin beer cans and bottles and crap that I have picked up.  Burned pallets on the ice with exposed nails all over the ice.  Sure that would be fun with an auger!  If you are so inclined to pollute our rivers, streams and reservoirs please think about the other people affected by your laziness.  I'll get off my soap box but seriously to anyone who cares do your part to keep our backyard clean.  Pick up bottles and beer cans and other litter so that the next people who bump along can enjoy or forest and fishing access without being constantly reminded of others abuse of our land.

Offline RobG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 25, 2009, 04:34 PM »
The joys of easy access.  I liked it better when it was a dirt road up there.

I tried it the other day and the wife caught one 4" cutthroat.  A few weeks ago I pulled a bunch of stoners out of the snowbank.

Offline RobG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 25, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Don't know.  Prolly same as NZ mudsnails, carp, knapweed, and other invasive species.  ;D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:20 PM »
I have finally had it with Hyalite.
No garbage this time but what is up with that lake.  Some days its frickin awesome and other days nothing.  The inconsistency is killin me.  I like how its a close mountain lake with good access but day to day you just don't know what to expect.  I guess thats fishing.  Snowed about 4" on me today while I was up there and I just figured that a system moving in would help the fishing but was I wrong.  I got two.  I did learn that you don't always need to fish small up there.  I was using fairly large jigs, because I noticed last time I was up there looking down in the hole the fish would look at the rat finke but wanted nothing to do with it.  I threw the whole tackle box at them and I got the most response with some jigs I use on Canyon Ferry.  Plus they are to big for the small brookies and big enough for hungry cuts.  I did have another fairly large fish break me off right away.
Hate to say it but Ill probably head up again because there is enough ice to keep fishing for at least a few more weeks. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.