Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1647131 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #26250 on: Jan 14, 2022, 04:22 AM »
Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  27* and cloudy to start the day, topping out at 29 and then dropping fast.

Jeff…we ended up going to a private lake we had access to not very far from here yesterday. Must be the year of the dinks, was catching Perch non stop…4-6”, lol….not much to report today yet. Heading out to our local lake shortly for the morning bite…if it has one!    ;D

The old man over slept and is running behind…..will catch up with everyone this afternoon.  Cawfee’s on….
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26251 on: Jan 14, 2022, 04:53 AM »
Good morning IW, Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

25 with falling temps throughout the day. We have some light snow moving in, only supposed to be 1-3".

Bud/OG.... Best of luck today :icefish:

IW....Have a good day puttering :thumbsup:

Eddie....Hope you find some willing biters :icefish:

WW....Enjoy your day with your son and grandson. I hope they do well in the tournament  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Today the s-i-l is joining me for the day in Shamu. I hope the fish are moving. With the snow moving in I hope the walleyes are more active.

Yesterday my wife and I had a ball in Shamu. We did see 2 walleyes as they past through the hole, and about 10 northern. The highlight of the day came when my wife was working a Rapala Rattlin' Rap around the hole and a nice N pike came into the hole and took a shot at her jig. The pike was in the 34-36" range a real dandy. I could have speared it but had no interest, I wanted my wife to tangle with it but it didn't happen. As of last night around 10pm she was still talking about it :roflmao:

Time to throw some cookies in a bag and get a spam sandwich made.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26252 on: Jan 14, 2022, 05:23 AM »
Morning all, 30° with heavy freezing fog here at the moment, forecast high is 33 with a low down around 20 overnight. We majorly overshot the forecast yesterday, so we need that 20° reading to firm up edges... ended up hitting 44° yesterday afternoon. Looks good for the weekend, though, highs in the 20s and lows in the teens both days.

With my car out of commission until at least Monday, I may see if I can get the old man to lend me one of his Jeeps for the weekend so I can go do some fishing; he has 2. I could just go sit open ice.... but I don't wanna  :roflmao:

I hate fishing with gloves on, and my hands and feet both get cold really fast out on open ice ever since I got bad frostbite 20 years ago.

WS - the ones that got away and almosts always make the best stories 😁 I lost a huge carp over the summer out on the river... would have easily been a PB, but I pulled the hook out of its mouth trying to net it, so the world will never know for sure.  :P

masoneddie - glad to hear you got on some fish, anyway. Small fish is still way more fun than no fish 😄 I'm not a fish eater, so I don't really mind dinkathons through the ice. I go after the big stuff from the boat.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26253 on: Jan 14, 2022, 05:57 AM »
30* and cloudy.
Mr. C not many Valentine decorations in the house.
Eddie, at least you had some action. All that "fresh air" is good for you.
WS, pike like that would be fun on a jigging rod, too bad it didn't hit.
Went up to my brothers to wish him a Happy Birthday yesterday. Couple deer came to the bird feeder while I was there. A lot of deer have shown up in the last week or so, must be the cold weather.
Have a good day and stay safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26254 on: Jan 14, 2022, 06:29 AM »
Morning all,

WS/Eddie/IFF/OG......good luck to you all today  :icefish: :thumbsup:

MrC.....definitely more to the suspension story than meets the eye  :whistle:

IW....son and grandson were only here overnight, we're a little over the 1/2 way mark for them on their way to Buffalo so it breaks the drive up to leave a day early and stop here  ;)

Heading to Buffalo this morning to watch the tournament games today and tomorrow, Sunday will be playoffs and finals if they make it that far  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26255 on: Jan 14, 2022, 08:02 AM »
Should be on my way shortly, so much for this bad A icefisherman,  overslept. 27* and a breeze.\, oh and snow showers.
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26256 on: Jan 14, 2022, 08:27 AM »
Windy here right now was a good start to the morning but a little warmer of 29 when I came to work and no snow like the weather guesses were predicting but the W that they predicted showed up thus morning. One derby on the little lake starts today, sold some minnows for that last night and this morning and sounds like another guy stopping in while I am at work so the wife will have to take care of that one. Well be safe everyone and have a fantastic friday.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26257 on: Jan 14, 2022, 10:51 AM »
Bud
We don't get too much snow as we are on the wrong side of the mountains.
We are actually classified as a semi arid region.
I would say by March we have 3 feet or so on the ground.

Steve
It has warmed up. Currently +7F but windy.
Tomorrow -6F and -24 on Sunday.
Unfortunately I'm working so will not be going out to the cabin.
It's ok though as we have good ice until May!!!!  ;)2

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26258 on: Jan 14, 2022, 12:32 PM »
Good day 38 degrees(high for the day) with partly cloudy sky and 15-25 mph winds. To night it is forecast to drop down to 6 degrees and saturday's high will only be 17 . The winds are forecast to go into Saturday. keeping an eye on winter storm Izzy as i'm supposed to meet my Sister,BIL and nephew for breakfast on Sunday. A quick check of local news found no new items concerning newburgh.
Ice wanderer the city of Newburgh does make the news frequently sadly most of the time not because of a positive event or "feel good" news story. I hope your weather station is working properly after the move to new location.
Eddie may the yellow perch population at the private lake thin out and in a couple of years the majority of perch caught be 8 inches of bigger. best to you with today's fishing.
whopper Stopper checking for updates on storm Izzy I see on maps the storm is still south of you around the twin cities"Jungle" area may it not travel north and leave you with lots of snow and other problems. best to you and jen on today's fishing trip. Good to read yesterday's trip to Shamu was a good time for you and the wife and you did not have to play any cribbage.
Zcm-82 may your farther let you borrow one of his Jeeps and you have a good weekend fishing.
hunts2long please send my Birthday wishes to your brother. May all of you enjoy the deer visiting his property. depending on how much snowfall there is from storm Izzy in your area your brother maybe a busy man if he is still working at the Lapland cross country ski center. i'm waitng to see when the person who decorate the lobby area front entrance door to my building removes the Christmas wreath and puts up the valentine's day hearts.
wallyworld the whole Newburgh School district thing does leave one any questions about what all really happened to cause the superintendents suspension and finally his resignation and the settlement. may you have a problem free journey to buffalo. best to your grandson and his teammates. May storm Izzy not leave all of you stuck in Buffalo on Sunday.
IFF may the late start still see you and Old Goat having a good day of fishing.
Fish/hunt4ever good to read you are selling some minnows may the purchasers be happy with the quality of the fish and be return customers hopefully also spread the word about your business.
Drifter interesting information about the snow fall totals in the Yellow knife area. Enjoy the temperature warm up before the sub zero degree temperatures return on Sunday. Sorry to hear you are working this weekend  good for you the ice fishing season is so long up in the North country of Canada.

have a good Friday. best to all fishing. I'm sure some lakes in my area of NY. will see activity this weekend  heard reports of 4-5 inches of ice on smaller lakes in the Southern part of the Catskill Mountain region. I will try and due some scouting of lakes in my county/area next week. depending on how much snow we receive from the coming storm.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26259 on: Jan 14, 2022, 05:52 PM »
Made it up to OG's we picked out a target lake, had a bite at first hole, then up come some bluegills, on the small side, drilled more holes and went trolling, each hole the gills got smaller :whistle: then the wind pushed me off.  Face with that again will opt for taking the flip over. I will need to reset my tackle tray/s for what to target instead of trying to take my whole world out on the ice with me.  ::)  all in all was a good outing. Maybe next time will be some camera worthy pictures.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26260 on: Jan 15, 2022, 04:46 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's -12* with a breeze making feel even colder. ::)
                       Eddie.........I hope you had a better day yesterday. I'll be waiting for your report. :thumbsup:
                       Bud...........That pesky wind, does it to me too. :%$#!:
                       Marv..........I'm glad you had a good day with Jo in Shamu. :clap: I'll be waiting for your report with yesterdays trip with Jen. :whistle:
                       Dave..........There are place here that don't get the snow because of the mountains, but other places get dumped on. Something to do
              with up draft of the storm. :blink:
                       Steve.........When I went to NYMA there were always something happing up in Newburg. :o I hope the storm doesn't ruin your plans for
              meeting up with your sister and her family. :unsure:
                       Wally..........Enjoy your trip to Buffalo and good luck to your grandson. :thumbsup:
                       H2l............I wonder how many people will be out this morning o the lake. :unsure: It never fails when deer season is over the deer show up.
              I have tracks in my yard. :whistle:
                       Not much going on today, my wife is getting ready to go to visit her mother and leaves tomorrow.
                       I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy. Also stay warm.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26261 on: Jan 15, 2022, 05:18 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

+2 at the moment, we should lose a couple more them a slow climb to 14 by late afternoon.

IW.....Hope the weather holds so your wife has good travel weather tomorrow :thumbsup:

WW.....Enjoy the Tournament :thumbsup:

Eddie....Is there a fish fry today ???

Yesterday was pretty slow in the fish house for us. We saw 0 walleyes and only 3 np although they were in the 4-6#  range they had no interest in eating. I am contemplating going out this morning for a couple hours to see if the walleyes are moving. I have a couple of errands to run with my wife so I have to be back around 10am if I go.

Hope you all have a good day, best of luck to anyone :icefish: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26262 on: Jan 15, 2022, 06:26 AM »
-6 here this morning.
WW, hope the boys do well in the tournament. Sunday evening it looks like some weather moving into the area. Be safe.
Mr. C, been seeing a lot of deer this past week. Not much snow but I think the cold has them on the move.
IW, had to be 10 groups out on the ice yesterday, that was out from Sport Island Pub on the Northville end of the lake. They still haven't opened the gate at the campsite. Pretty sure the Mayfield end of the lake is seeing a lot of action.
Amber got all the Christman stuff put away in tubs, 6 tubs of the stuff. Yesterday I got them into the garage and tonight the tree gets out of the living room. She never does anything FAST. I guess I am lucky this year, she usually like to have it still up on her birthday which is the 24th.
While I was working in the garage I managed to get enough stuff so as to make a trip to the landfill this morning.
Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l

IFF/OG, glad you got out again.
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26263 on: Jan 15, 2022, 06:27 AM »
Morning all, 21° and a bit breezy here this morning. Got a little dusting of snow overnight off that big storm that is supposed to hammer the northeast tonight into tomorrow. High for today is forecast 26, but we've overshot the forecast highs all week by several degrees, so I'll be happy if it stays below freezing.

Just fixing to go see if I can get onto any of my usual ponds. We were in the 40s Tuesday and Wednesday, and had some rain Tuesday and yesterday, so my expectations are low... I imagine the edges might need a day or two of this colder weather to firm back up.

WS & IFF - hope your next outings go better.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26264 on: Jan 15, 2022, 06:53 AM »
So it is true ?   :unsure: Big Brother is watching you/us ?  I get up and on my "Smart Phone" is listed to what "Apps" I have used most.  And want me to use some other one I have no interest in, however it goes on to point out it also has some of the same features it also provides.  :cookoo: :%$#!: the computer also has what web sight "pinned" as what is used most IE: IS, FB and so on.

15* may get up to 22 for the high. Wind rolling threw at 11 out of the east.  Might confine my outside activities on the west side of the house. Tempted to stir up some cookies, just to warm up the kitchen area.

Haven't found any go to places for a honey hole yet, and here it is half of January is gone. maybe take in a football game, have to see who is playing and when.

Marv maybe the eyes will show up today.

Take care if you're out traveling.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26265 on: Jan 15, 2022, 06:56 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  -6 with some wind here this am, feels like -20, high of 10 today. Keeping the fingers crossed the guessers are wrong on the predictions of snow coming in tomorrow…8-12” at the moment.

Marv…good luck with the morning bite if you’re heading to Shamu, hope the walleyes are cruising! Glad you and Jo had a fun outing together, wish my wife would make a trip with me…sometimes!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…Mike and I had some pretty good action, got into a few Brown’s yesterday and I found a few perch of decent size willing to come home. Nothing big, the trout were all around 13-14”, perch were nice but no numbers like LG…took home 5 for a fry.  :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope you had safe travels, sending best of luck wishes to your grandson and the team with the tournament!!  :thumbsup:
  Bud…not a fan of the wind here either, glad you and OG got on some fish though!   :clap:
  Steve…that private lake would sure be a honey hole if the perch had any size to them…although I’m pretty sure the internet would be pretty well informed if that was the case, lol.  ;D  Hope you have safe travels tomorrow and enjoy the breakfast with your family!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…working weekends to build up more vacation time at the cabin soon?  Good ice until May…amazing!   :tipup:
  FH4…sounds like the sales are starting to come in!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2…was hoping to get on the ice up there and do some recon before this snow coming in hit, don’t think that is going happen. Will see what the upcoming week brings. Happy be-lated Birthday to your brother!   :thumbsup:
  Z…no complaints here avoiding the skunk even if it’s with the dinks biting!  ;D  Good luck today if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:

Had a fun trip yesterday with my son, was limited on time but that was fine. We meet at 6am and had all our lines in and ready before 7am. Couldn’t ask for better walking conditions, glare ice with just a touch of snow here and there…could have walked for miles if the lake wasn’t only a mile long, lol.
  6-8” of good black ice everywhere we fished, sucks this snow is on its way, just ideal conditions right now. I’m sure the snowmobilers are getting just as amped up over the forecast as we were seeing the drop in temperatures.   ;D
  No fishing today, a few errands and then getting the snowblower warmed up and ready for its maiden voyage…..Cawfee’s still hot!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26266 on: Jan 15, 2022, 07:51 AM »
Morning all,

Maddie it to Buffalo in time for game 2. Sadly the kids lost both of their games yesterday 6-2 and 6-0. Hopefully today’s 2 games will even things out. Looks like Sunday night before the snow hits NY, will hopefully be home before it starts!!
Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26267 on: Jan 15, 2022, 09:17 AM »
A little colder last night 14 this morning when I checked the temp on my phone. Derby going on and no word how anyone is doing so far. Waiting on a few guys to buy some minnows, debating on ordering a large batch of minnows for this next week especially with the big derby next weekend. Got my new engle cooler already net and all so now can take minnows in that one for sale out at the lake and use my old one for minnows being used for my fishing. Going to warm up next week supposed to have Tuesday around 45. Seems to he a warmer winter this year than we have had in several years, I remember a few of these over the time living here for what I can remember anyways. Have a great Saturday hope everyone traveling has good roads and safe conditions and good luck on the ice if anyone gets out this weekend. Better get moving and get kids and everyone eating the pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, and sausage that I made them this morning, well bacon and sausage were left over from the jalapeño poppers and dip that we made for dinner last night, had a good nacho bar. Well be safe everyone and have a Fantastic weekend.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26268 on: Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 AM »
Good morning again everyone :bow:

I spent a couple hours at the fish house this morning and finally found something for the bag. It was on the cool side when I rode across the lake, cold enough to make your eyes water anyway.

I was set up at 6:50am and by 7:15 I could see my Buckshot Spoon bouncing around above the grass and sparse weeds. At 7:45 a nice walleye came into the hole to checked out my bait. Without hesitation Chomp!!!. It was the only fish I saw this morning but with all the vehicle traffic it was no wonder. Cripes, by 8am 4 morons were drinking beer, playing football 30 yards from my house :cookoo:

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day :thumbsup:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26269 on: Jan 15, 2022, 10:58 AM »
Marv  Whoo....WTG :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: Great eating size.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26270 on: Jan 15, 2022, 11:07 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Nice eye WS       WW hope todays games get the win.  Nothing much on todays planner except my younger sister is coming down from Minneapolis. Maybe a mini trip if energy levels increase been burning candle at both ends lately. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26271 on: Jan 15, 2022, 04:59 PM »
Brough the new flipover into the house to put a new tow rope on, original one was broke, think I will install eye bolts a lot easier to unsnap tow rope if needed.  Its a lot heavier than I thought it was. felt as heavy as my popup.

back to sorting tackle.  ;D

Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26272 on: Jan 15, 2022, 05:10 PM »
Evening all, 24° and dropping here.

Ended up fishing from 7:30 until 10 this morning, caught 17 gills, about a 50/50 mix of decent fish and dinks. The bite just went dead right after 9, though. The fish were still there, they just shut off.

Ice was in a lot better shape than I expected, given the weather most of the week. The edges did have a few soft spots, but the sheet was a good, solid 3.5-4" of clear ice. It should be in real good shape by tomorrow morning. Gonna hit it again tomorrow morning.

WS - that's a beauty. If you're only gonna catch one fish, that's definitely the kind of thing you wanna land.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26273 on: Jan 15, 2022, 07:49 PM »
Good evening last i checked on the weather to get update on the coming storm temperature for my town was in low teens .Tonight will be coldest night so far this year dropping down to 3 degrees will feel colder with the 10-15 mph winds. Look like the storm will not arrive in my area until the early evening on Sunday  so still on the meet my sister and nephew for a late breakfast tomorrow.
Ice wanderer I believe while you were a cadet at NYMA  the City of Newburgh was undergoing a major urban renewal project . The project changed the look of the city as some blocks had all of their buildings demolished. sadly the city seems to have many reoccurring problems it can not solve or seem to get past. May your wife have a safe and problem free trip to her mother's in Vermont.
Whopper Stopper congratulations and thank you for the photos and report. happy for you that a walleye was finally hungry and took your lure.  Sounds like you might have to fish during the work week to avoid the crowds and craziness that happens on weekends.
Hunts2long hope you got all the tubs of Christmas decorations into the garage and your tree has been taken down. Guess the deer are moving to Winter feeding and bedding areas.  Do you have any reports on how many people braved the temperature and wind chill today on GSL.
Zcm-82 glad you were able to get out fishing for a few hours and the bluegills provide some action for you. Best on getting your car problem fixed this coming week.
eddie congratulations to mike and you on catching the brown trout and yellow perch. yes once word gets out that a lake has a hot bite on certain fish species or healthy fish population even if it is a private water fishing activity increases. may you snow blower be ready for action last estimate i saw for my area was 3-6 inches before ending as rain on Monday. guess I will be shoveling wet/heavy snow wish the storm hit today when the low temperature would have yielded a powdery snow.
Wallyworld I hope your grandson's team rebounded from yesterday's losses good distance to travel and possibly not win any games. may all of you have safe trips back to your respective homes tomorrow.
fish/hunt4ever good to read you are selling minnows. if you do purchase more may they sell good at next weekend's derby.
Old Goat i hope your sister arrived safely and you had a nice visit.
IFF sadly we are all being tracked by our internet service providers. Good thinking on the eye-bolts and snaps for the new flipover tow rope depending on how the shelter pulls maybe think about building a Smitty Sled.

Have a good night. may all of us in Winter storm Izzy's path come through it with no problems.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26274 on: Jan 16, 2022, 04:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Fairly calm and -7* here this am, high of 19 today. Was hoping to see a reduced number on guesstimated snow totals this morning, but the app is still showing 8-12”  for my area at the moment…Doh!

Marv…CONGRATULATIONS on the Walter, way to go!!  Thank you for sharing the pictures and the update, you deserved that one!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
Good luck today if the walleye fever finds you heading back for another round!   :icefish:
  Steve…thanks and enjoy your breakfast today with the family!   :thumbsup:  It looks like the snow will be hitting here later this evening into Monday..snowblower is ready.
  Z…thanks for sharing the pictures and update, Congratulations on the catching again…nice job!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud…agree with Steve, a Smitty sled underneath your flipover will make a huge improvement for the drag out.  :thumbsup:  I’m in the same process as you of trying to downsize some of the gear and weight…sounds easier than it is, lol.
  OG…hope your sister had safe travels yesterday…did you get an energy surge to hit the ice for a bit?  ;D  :thumbsup:
  FH4…years back we had a local fellow who owned a bait and gun shop…he did the same thing selling bait at most of the local derby’s/tournaments and did well. Best of luck to you Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…hoping to hear there’s a check mark in the Win column, best of luck to your grandson and the team today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…a buddy of mine sent me pictures from LG taken on Friday at the beach area…looked like 2’ waves crashing from that North wind! Wonder how the bays held up?   :woot:
  H2…might be up your way tomorrow or Tuesday to pickup the tickets for the Walleye Challenge, but no idea what time or what is going to happen with this nasty weather moving in now…that’s going to be another Challenge of its of own!  ;D

Going to hold off on the morning fishing and try for a few hours this afternoon once the temps hit positive numbers and enjoy the last easy drag out before everything gets covered in a deep blanket of snow.  ;D
  Back to downsizing…Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26275 on: Jan 16, 2022, 05:12 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's -14* here on my hill, it should drop another 2* as the sun comes up. ::)
                           Eddie........Good idea waiting a while before going out. :thumbsup: Yeah the snow is going to make for a tough drag. :%$#!: You should build a
                Smitty sled, they do work. :flex:
                           Marv.........Congratul ations on the Eye, persistence pays off. :clap:
                           H2l...........I hope you have a good night bowling. :thumbsup:
                           Steve........You should have no problems getting to and from breakfast with your sister and her family, snow isn't coming in till later. ;)2
                           Bud...........X2 on the Smitty. :flex:
                           Wally.........I'll waiting for a report that there is a win for the grandsons team. :thumbsup:
                           Fish..........I was thinking of getting a bait handlers license to get around the bait laws here in NY. Here when we purchase bait we can keep it
                 for 10 days, but there is no restriction for a bait shop on how long they can keep it. But I really don't have the room or space for it. :whistle:
                           Zcm.........Congratula tions on you latest fishing expedition :clap: :clap:, the recent cold snap should help your ice conditions. :unsure:
                           Not much going on today, just getting ready for the snow, guessers say we could get up to a foot. Football this afternoon.
                           I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26276 on: Jan 16, 2022, 06:37 AM »
-16 and calm before the storm. Scout didn't stay out long.
WS, very nice walleye.
ZCM, way to go on the gills. They sure can shut off fast.
Eddie, I think we may be moving some snow on Monday, hope they get this one wrong.
WW, safe travels tonight. Sorry the boys got off to a rough start.
Mr.C, saw about 6 groups out on the ice. There are a couple perm. shanty's now.
Lindsay and Rocky came up yesterday and tayed for dinner. They hadn't been here in 2 weeks so had 9 gallon jugs to fill with water. She doesn't like to drink the water in Amsterdam.
I watched some football. I see everyone showed up for the Buffalo game except the Pats. Only watched the 1st half.
They are saying the snow will not start until I get home from bowling, we will see.
Have a good day and stay warm....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26277 on: Jan 16, 2022, 07:46 AM »
Yes on the smitty sled, I had built a couple, now hope I brought one with me, although I don't remember seeing it in the garage storage  :unsure: :unsure: On thing for sure is it's making ice 5* now and will have 4* tonight. Wind at 2 out of the south, think a chance of snow 50% later today.

I was looking for a minnow dip net at Walmart, all sold out so set about making one, out of a bath polf material. frame and handle is copper wire, will add a picture in an edit:

H2L You bowl year-round?

Eddie like you think I will hold off fishing until it warms up a little this afternoon.

Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26278 on: Jan 16, 2022, 09:15 AM »
IFF, sometime it feels like it is year around, but only 26 weeks...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26279 on: Jan 16, 2022, 09:39 AM »
Looks like we are 9 to 12 depending on where I drove this morning. See some are having g the Temps we usually see most years but have not seen much below zero this year. Waited for a few guys to show up yesterday but only one guy actually showed up in the afternoon. Had a buddy from work go out borrowing the spare auger that I have and said it still worked great but did not catch anything but had a good time, still trying to figure out the area as he moved from around red lake. Well we will see if anyone needs minnows today as I get things loaded for next week. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.