The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: fishing boots  (Read 2849 times)

Offline minnow1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
fishing boots
« on: Dec 21, 2007, 08:35 AM »
Guys - help me out.

It's time to get some new ice boots.  I have had LaCrosse Ice Kings for many years now and really like them.  I see a lot of people with the PFT's but they are much taller.  Not sure if I like that.  What do you guys swear by?

Offline tarbot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: fishing boots
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2007, 09:20 AM »
Muck Boots... Arctic Sports

100% waterproof, warm, light, 16" height

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2007, 09:42 AM »
For everyday ice fishing I wear my sorels or columbia boots. For the extreme cold and snow I wear Rocky Ice Stalkers 1000 grams of thininsulate and high enough so no water or snow gets in.

And they have flip down ice spikes for traction on the slick stuff

Keith

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2007, 02:05 PM »
I also use Rocky Ice Stalkers. They kept my feet pretty dry even after stepping in a 10" hole.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never mess with another man's hole.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2007, 02:31 PM »
Stick with what you know - I've had Ice Kings forever, never had cold feet.
  Ice Fishermen Walk on Water!

Offline Doggz1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Think like pike
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:23 PM »
i have a great pair of Rockies for light snow and just ice....nice boots very warm never gotten wet and only about $80

i also have a pair of boots from a store that rymes with kabelas the were about $200.  LOVE those boots i use them only when the snow is real high and i dont need spikes....has inserts for heat packs and has 1000 gram thinsulate only took a few long hikes to break them in and they stay DRY on the outside too!!!!   I wont wear them around first ice only cause they are HUGE the look like moon boots...dont want to go swimming with those around my feet!!!

good luck
Fish when I can

Offline minnow1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2007, 10:28 AM »
Hey thanks guys.  I think I may go with the same ol' Ice Kings. Those Rockys are tempting though.

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Keith

cant find those ice stalkers anywhere on line...i like the pull down cleats...know where I can get some?....I use my expedition boots when it is really cold and I love them.....but heavy and not good for walking ...I usually throw them in the sled and change into them once i am set up......but my usual footwear is getting old...Karl

Offline JrodSpice7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2007, 08:51 AM »
Cabelas has great boots. I have the Cabela's Predator Extreme Pac Boots and they are amazing. I can wear them with thin regular boot sox and the internal wool boot keep my feet warm and the outer shell keep them dry as well as warm. They're high enough that there's no way any water can get in. I recomend them because their durability and comfort can't be beat for the price. Good fishin

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2007, 09:16 PM »
My Father works for the post office, and has been getting me boots called "Thorogoods" that actually go over your real boots or shoes.  I have also seen similar ones called "Neos" I think LL Bean might seel the "Neos", but these things are the best!  Just about waterproof, and I have never been on the ice and gotten cold feet!  Plus, at the end of the day, they just slide off and your inner boots are good to go, no need to dry them off over night!

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2007, 10:20 PM »
Keith

cant find those ice stalkers anywhere on line...i like the pull down cleats...know where I can get some?....I use my expedition boots when it is really cold and I love them.....but heavy and not good for walking ...I usually throw them in the sled and change into them once i am set up......but my usual footwear is getting old...Karl

Karl what size are you I might be able to fandangle a pair lol... See ya out on the ice ;)

Keith

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline hard_water

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • rippin lips all over NY
« Reply #11 on: Dec 27, 2007, 06:49 AM »
Muck Boots... Arctic Sports

100% waterproof, warm, light, 16" height

i agree i just bought a pair this year 100% rubber extremely warm and light as hell. i forget im wearing them most of the time, i have had 4 back surgeries and the heavy boots kill me. i have a pair of hodgmans pac boots good to -120 and also a pair of lacross ice kings good to-100 they are warm but my feet have gotten wet in both. not so with the muckers i was fishing in slush 8 inches deep last weekend and my feet were toasty and dry. well worth the 70 bucks i spent on them.

water
GET THE NET !!!!!!!GET THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RickC

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 27, 2007, 07:14 PM »
Cabelas has great boots. I have the Cabela's Predator Extreme Pac Boots and they are amazing. I can wear them with thin regular boot sox and the internal wool boot keep my feet warm and the outer shell keep them dry as well as warm. They're high enough that there's no way any water can get in. I recomend them because their durability and comfort can't be beat for the price. Good fishin
I'll second that! best boots I have ever owned!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.