The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Places to fish in Mass  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Redneck5

• IceShanty Rookie
Places to fish in Mass
« on: Jan 02, 2006, 08:30 PM »
Wife is coming back from Iraq in late April, early May.We will be in the Lunenburg area for about a week. Is muskie and pike in season and are there any lakes close by that has these fine fish in them. I will not have access to a boat so I will be fishing from the bank.

Thanks and Tight lines to all.
Redneck

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Places to fish in Mass
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:08 AM »
I'm not too familiar with that area, but I'm sure someone will chime in. There is no "season" for them but I catch and release so I do not know the particulars.
If you look under MA News ther eis a link to the MA DEM. SHould be a link there for Pond Maps with descriptions of what ponds hold, access, and directions and location......I found the link.
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/dfw_pond.htm
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:52 AM »

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:59 AM »
Oops........ ;D
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2006, 11:01 AM »
i live in fitchburg and the closest place i no of is the sudbury river or quaboag pond but they arent that close to this area and the sudbury river might be alittle high 

Offline suckerbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2006, 12:58 PM »
i live in fitchburg and the closest place i no of is the sudbury river or quaboag pond but they arent that close to this area and the sudbury river might be alittle high 
Unfortunately both the Sudbury and Concord where very high yesterday when I checked on ice conditions. What little ice was left could not be planked to. It will be a while before we can safely get back on these river setbacks. Today's rain is definitely not going to help the situation.

Offline mag minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2006, 05:39 PM »

The closest to Lunenburg would be down in the Brookfields...or out west to Onata.

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:12 PM »
Unfortunately both the Sudbury and Concord where very high yesterday when I checked on ice conditions. What little ice was left could not be planked to. It will be a while before we can safely get back on these river setbacks. Today's rain is definitely not going to help the situation.

hey suckerbait do you ice fish the main river? i never heard of anyone doing that on there ive only heard ice fihing on heards pond and fairhaven bay

Offline Redneck5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys. I will either do some fishing or bowhunting for turkey.

Tightlines
Redneck :)

Offline RyGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 2005 Ice Shanty Tournament Winner - LargemouthBass
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2006, 08:53 PM »
Lunenburg is great for turkeys.  My InLaws live there and keep a nice flock fed year round.  I saw the flock up to 14 birds last year, real nice.  I sit on there deck and shake a locator and they freak out.

Good luck for the birds. 

PS Who does your bride serve with?
And the winner is>>>>

RyGuy

Offline Redneck5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2006, 11:52 PM »
We are both in the Air Force. I am a truck driver and my wife is in personell.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.