The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: 5 Year old kid has grudge  (Read 1111 times)

Offline the perch Whisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
5 Year old kid has grudge
« on: Jan 12, 2013, 08:25 PM »
I took my 5 year old son out onto Onota lake to fish its not his first time we were out there for a few hours a flag went up, so we went to it he wached it for a few making sure it took the bait well he set the hook an bame it was on. He was bringing it in an i was wtching it under the ice well then all of a suden the fish through the hook an my son was made after we rebaited the hook an put it back he stood about 10 feet away from the flag waching it for a hour an a half befor we left. I think it is funny because he never done it befor well he was so made that he wants to go back out an try to get the fish tomorrow so we are going back out. Kids are so funny when you bring them fishing........(the fish is a perch)
I met the devil an he was in the form of a pike

Offline jonserfish1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm a fishahaulic!
Re: 5 Year old kid has grudge
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2013, 09:06 PM »
perch, pike.... same difference! The important thing is you have another excuse to go fish  ;D

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2013, 09:17 PM »
Sounds like more than a perch was hooked  :icefish:

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline SpaceGhost

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Ha, thats great. To bad you didnt video it, im sure it was hilarious although losing the fish stinks. Hes got the bug big time now.  :)

Offline REDGIANT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2013, 09:42 PM »
HAHA That's great!  We have another Capt. Ahab after his white whale,,or in this case a perch.  I am looking forward to the day when I can bring my own son out there.  Good job in getting your boy out and enjoying the outdoors.  Pretty sure he is hooked for life now  :thumbsup:
TIP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2013, 10:49 PM »
he has the bug big time hes telling me to bring hot dogs an some dead bait an my pike rod the best thing to see is a little kid pulling up a fish through the hole an the looks on there faces

Offline big bite

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2013, 04:50 AM »
That is so great!!!!  he has the itch that he wont ever be able to scratch!!!!   I love the Kids they are our future!!!!! happy fishin
"Youth are our future"

Offline dodgedragon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2013, 05:08 AM »
That is awsome, some of the best fishing that I've had.
Was with my son, and we didn't catch a thing.

Offline tafts ta

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Professional Ice Guide, Tournament Angler, TV Host
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2013, 09:35 AM »
AWESOME!!!

I love hearing stories like this.

After fishing for many years too many of us get that stale feeling. You pull up a nice one from time to time and you're just.."hey check this out" and back down the hole like nothing. You lose touch with the emotions that make fishing great.

Every trip out for me, I get someone who says "Man you have the best job in the world" I don't disagree at all, but it's not for the reasons people think. Sure, I get to go fishing almost every day all year, but that requires a lot of work too. I don't necessarily enjoy waking up at 2:30 every morning and having to go drill 80 holes and get set up in the rain, snow, wind, slush, below zero.....then get home by 8pm to repeat all over again the next day.
But every day, I get to share someone's first fish, or their first day of ice fishing, or take a kid onto the frozen lake for the first time. To them, it doesn't matter if it's a 15# pike, or a 15 inch pickerel...the feeling of exhiliration is the same. THAT is why I have the best job in the world. You can't buy that kind of feeling!

I am glad you got to have a day with that feeling as well...
Hats Off
Host of TV's Guiding Ice
Pro-Staff HT ENTERPRISES, Pro Staff POLAR FIRE, Pro Staff VEXILAR, Pro Staff OTTER OUTDOORS, Pro Staff PK LURES, Pro Staff DEEP FREEZE, Pro Staff Bunker Up Fishin
Pro Staff JAW JACKERS
New England's Only Authorized Representative for SnoBear Vehicles!

Offline David C

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • HELP!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2013, 11:10 AM »
Good Dad   :bow:

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2013, 01:35 PM »
   Great job dad, I love fishing with my grandchildren. I took out my 7 year old grandson yesterday for the first time and it was a great day. The smile on his face when he pulled up his first perch was priceless. Keep up the good work.
John

Offline Ethan11271

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2013, 01:58 PM »
Nothing better than fishing with the kids! I always grab a bunch of small shiner's as Paul calls it "action bait". The kids don't care if its a 1e" slime dart or perch as long as they're catchin fish.
Fish On!!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2013, 03:42 PM »
update we did not get any fish one flag thats all but he still had fun but did not tell me he had water in his boots but hes fine he wants to go back out over the weekend hes getting to be a little hard core fisherman an keeps him ojut of truble.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2013, 04:09 PM »
gotta love the looks on their faces. now you and your son have something to laugh about for years to come. must have been a funny sight.  can't wait til my grandson is old enough. will be 2 this april. will take him fishing on soft water this year.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2013, 07:39 PM »
gotta love the looks on their faces. now you and your son have something to laugh about for years to come. must have been a funny sight.  can't wait til my grandson is old enough. will be 2 this april. will take him fishing on soft water this year.
i started my son at 2 an when he was 4 he got his first mass fish pin for a 13 pound 8 oz carp

Offline baitbig

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bigbait
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2013, 07:53 PM »
That awesome sorry but you know he s hook for the rest of his life. No matter what type of fishing no matter how many years go by the night before you can't sleep and  always wondering if everythings packed.
Know anytime the flag goes up, the rod beens it could be a fish of a life time. good luck with that and if you every wants go out on long island fishing I be glad to take you guys . That's great story, I spent many of pickeral filled days on that lake freezing. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.