Author Topic: madison area  (Read 955 times)

Offline Serveert

• IceShanty Rookie
madison area
« on: Jan 12, 2021, 05:55 PM »
Heading up this weekend for my first outing of the year.  Rented in Chocurua ski n beach, and two weeks ago I was thinking I'd be on Silver, but with the "vortex" being delayed a bit I'm guessing that's out of the question.  Was further discouraged when a buddy on big pea reported second hand that even that is "not frozen".  Granted neither he nor his contact fish, but was hoping a similar body like moores would be good by now.  Got a couple reasonably cold nights ahead so fingers crossed.  I'll "need" the girls a bit less on a six trapper, but enjoy the full crew out there and the closer to base camp that is the better the odds.  Will be rigging for warmwater I guess, hope to have something to report.  Any feedback appreciated if my assumptions are off.  Thanks

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: madison area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:38 PM »
I'm sure your girls will be pleased to hear you don't "need" them to help you twist the rules and fish more traps than you should by dragging them along...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Serveert

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:10 PM »
My girls handle their traps soup to nuts once I punch a hole for them.  They often take a break midday and their traps are pulled.  They seem to enjoy it and we've had some great times over the years.  We play kubb, holehockey, and whatever else to keep them entertained during the day and leave any electronics off the ice.  I'm happy to have introduced them to this sport and hope they continue to be willing company.  Not sure if your preferred alternative is for me to ditch them for the day or to only fish two traps thus producing less excitement?  If it wasn't obvious that "need" was tongue and cheek then we're just on different wavelengths.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:17 PM »
Big pea is plenty frozen and so is chocorua
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:18 PM »
As for silver how long is your beard?

Offline BHardy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2021, 10:15 PM »

I saw 2 dudes in a canoe out on silver on Saturday....I did a quadruple take....no joke!!

Offline Serveert

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2021, 10:17 PM »
Thanks for the update Digs, that's more in line with what I would've thought.  Not surprised about Silver, I'll be popping by for a look anyway.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2021, 10:25 PM »
I saw 2 dudes in a canoe out on silver on Saturday....I did a quadruple take....no joke!!

Dude that was me I was scouting and chumming some areas for when it's ready.

Offline fishonNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2021, 10:25 PM »

Thanks for the update Digs!

Was gonna take an exploratory trip, but I’ll save the fuel for stomping around locally.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2021, 05:58 AM »
Maybe different wave lengths or maybe I remember this comment from last season...

Usual trip to ctr harbor where I balance keeping the bride and two girls happy and warm and get the hell down here for 6 more traps.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Serveert

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2021, 08:37 AM »
Also tongue and cheek stealth but great detective work.  I've also used the term "warm bodies".  Let me know where to go to repent.  unbelievable.

Offline joedigio

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2021, 09:26 AM »
White Lake in Tamworth has good ice. Its ben getting fished hard though for about a month so not sure how productive it will be. As mentioned Chocorua is locked up well too.

Regards,

Joe

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2021, 09:32 AM »
Hardcore man.
Salmonemia

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2021, 09:52 AM »

Hahaha, sounds about right to me!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.