Author Topic: Cooks Bay report  (Read 12873 times)

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: Cooks Bay report
« Reply #30 on: Dec 22, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Nps ive been doing some CHecks for accomodations for ya.... SO... GImi a call will ya:>: lol...
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 22, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Ok Just Checked the One spot that i do reccomand and they also are outfitted for Minnows and SUpplies rods that sort of stuff ... and they are also have vacanys for the days u want... SO stop searching....  ANd Its all taken care of...LOL Plus  easy parking where they are.
ANd ill GIve ya the low down on where to fish etc etc... WIll drop by a map  prior to you getting there as well.  In case i cant show you directly myself....
LOL      But from that place your like 4 mins DRive to the SPot to go fishing... And its a nice place to stay and affordable as well... has a kitchen-ette as well... Minnow from THis baord ALso stayed there with her Husband before... ANd SHe has already Re-Booked for this year. ANyhow CALl me... Im about to put on some Tea...
Was sick today... COld  that sort of thing blah blah blah lol so dont mind the cough and snizzles... ROFL...  TAlk to ya soon!!!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 22, 2005, 03:59 PM »
ANything is possible.....
In the summer I seen a guy catch one daytime it was around 4 pounds in 3 FOW.... ANd it wasnt a Bowfin.... It was a Burbot...    ANyhow How many FOW are u fishing?? I know in Febuarary they come into the shallows to spawn... at night in Great big masses   So.... But WHitefish will also hit at night....   They are few and far inbewteen... Pike will also hit at night...    But best in the day same with the whities...  I dont fish the GIlford area... Well Because i dont need too... I live On the other side of the lake and AM a stones throw from it... SO... LOL    The bay is Quite Shallow though....     If its TO dead there try moving around a bit....     I know you've rented a hut ... but.... If thers no fish.... REally its just a place for you to stay.... lol....        Next year invest in a portable and then you can just drive around the lake park and get out where you see poeple fishing:>:> I'll try to keeop ya as best updated as i can....      I have friends over there that fish that side... But they Have sleds so....      They move around when the bite is slow.... Anyhow tight lines!!!

Firenthehole

« Reply #33 on: Dec 22, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Hey guys whats  up anyone got any info on fishin gilford?  Im headin up for a trip monday mornin, im from buffalo and just seeing how everyones doin.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 22, 2005, 07:15 PM »
http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=1294.0

FOr those lazy perch filleting guys like myself lol

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 23, 2005, 07:57 AM »
Germ, what is a burbot? Bottle of beer and a shot of burbin? Just got back from Fl. 2055kms. and 23hrs fuel stops and lunch stop inc. Couldn't help myself I heard there was 6 in. of ice and just kept driving! The way I feel today I think I'm to old to drive like that anymore.Coming out at lunch time today, maybe catch you out there I'll bring my Ice Shanty flag.

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 23, 2005, 11:41 AM »
KrustyDawg, that place Germ is talking about is a very nice place to stay. I stayed there last year also and it has all the fixing's. The people that run the bait shop  own the house in back  and the appt. where you  stay is above that.In fact i've gotta get a couple nights booked myself. Germ is the MAN!!!, Stay on Top, Utes-- i've got some pictures of the place that i'll post later. My wife isn't here and i don't know how to scan the picture's using our printer/scanner and then transfer them so i can post. Anyway i'll  post them later.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 23, 2005, 12:53 PM »
Well ROad... We might have missed you in all that Rain today....
I was out there till just now.... GOt back in had a shower now doing the REport....
Started out a little slow so i went deeper then had sparatic hits... THen when the rain started i decided that i  move inwards to shallower once again... Then it was none stop action....
I was out there with a friend of mine JAy....
Was his first time ICE fishing EVER.... He says he had a blast.... he caught Lots after he got the hang of it... Like i said the begginign was slow untill we moved on top of the perch... Just got to keep moving to find em is all... ANyhow I also met up with another member form another board as well... He did great out there and left the same time we did...   His Name is SOlo...
WAs supposed to meet up with 2 others but... to many people out there to try and keep Track of everyone... ANyhow was a good day with a bunch of nice Hogs to eat.... Hopefully jay will Fillet them good:>:> TIght lines everyone!

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #38 on: Dec 23, 2005, 09:46 PM »
Did good myself my freind ,like you we started off real slow a few moves and wow. We started with 2 rods each but HAD to reel 1 up no lies it was wild. Perch for supper, breakfast and maybe lunch too. A little wet come the end of the day but well worth it! We'll be back at it tomorrow after lunch, have to take the boys x-mas shopping for Mom after all she did all the work for the Fl. trip. Keep an eye out for the flag in the bucket, be safe.

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #39 on: Dec 24, 2005, 12:09 AM »
    I can't wait to meet everyone out there on the Simcoe Ice !  I will be up there Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I will be in a Shappell 3000 pop up shanty where ever Germ's perch fishing holes are, stop over and say HI !  Bring some coffee with ya Wednesday morning, I'm gonna need it after that 6 hour drive !  Don't catch all the pigs save me a few until I get up there Wednesday morning ! LOL...  Take care and have a Happy Holiday Season !

Krustydawg

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 24, 2005, 01:58 PM »
LOL.... Yep im sure the TImmys will be flowing on that Ice when you finally get there lol.... Should be goood... I work Wednesday.. BUt I'll come out after My work... (2:00) Im sure ill find ya... SInce ill be placing ya there WIth my map lol.....  ANyhow Just keep the HOgs a humming and you'll be fine:">:> TIght lines and see ya Wednesday.... ANd save SOme hogs for me...

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #41 on: Dec 25, 2005, 03:51 PM »
You should see what I got, solar panel for the hut! Didn't get out today, did good again yesterday. Be out on our side tomorrow(boxing day). 6 inches of clear ice over here. Did real good with a Rapla jig n rap, smallest one silver and gray.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 25, 2005, 05:17 PM »
I switch to the RAps when the perch are REally Small to intice the bigguns over... Usually the Perch color and i Bait it with a Berkly Grub... Just to give them something to aim for lol...

Firenthehole

« Reply #43 on: Dec 27, 2005, 04:32 PM »
fished the bay yest fishing was aawweessoommee!!!!!!!!!!! the bite was non-stop 6-7" of ice black ice with an inch of water and 2" of slush on top in gilford in 35-40 FOW.  Fished from 7 30 till 3, took home 46 mostly 10" but a couple slobs threw the little ones back.  was worth the drive from buffalo just had a blast, what a time!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Dec 27, 2005, 05:00 PM »
Nice out there On the Ice after WOrk today... Was scouting for THe boyz that are headed up in the AM from Ohio... KrustyDawg... ANd his pal....(DOnt know the name) ANyhow the ice is Nice... ANd the PErch bite is still on and HOt... Live Bait always preferred but I was hitting on the ICe bug just the same... ANyhow TIght lines ot everyone!!!

Offline PheasantTale

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A bad day on the ice beats a good day at work.
« Reply #45 on: Dec 27, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Where do you guys recommend for fishermen to stay when fishing in the Guilford area?

frozenfishy

« Reply #46 on: Dec 28, 2005, 09:18 AM »
Hey Mac,

You're correct, I stayed there about 7yrs ago because of a storm so might have changed, but decent enough for a sleep. It's called 400 Motel.

http://www.yellowpages.ca/mp/ON/COOKSTOW/Motel%2B400/705/4584352/3503%2BHighway%2B89/Cookstown/L0L1L0/0/1/0000000000000920420088080007.html

I was out on the Guilford side on the 23rd, pretty wet, but the new Frabill was great, caught about 10 keepers on minnows from Peter at Ice Cabins. Good minnows might I say. Gonna try fishin the Keswick side soon as I hear there's parking down by Davey Point now.

GL out there.
FF

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #47 on: Dec 28, 2005, 09:22 AM »
Hi everybody!! This is my first post!! Great Site ! Great Info! My son and I would like to make the trip up from Rochester and stay over the New Year Holiday, Fri , Sat and Sun. Should I bring my 4 wheeler? And any suggestions on motels? Never been to Lake Simcoe or Cooks Bay! I appreiate any and all info.

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #48 on: Dec 28, 2005, 02:34 PM »
Thanks Mac - Hooked up with Peter!! We will be up Fri and Sat for the New Year. Can't wait. I can even bring my Dog. It don't get no better!! Thanks for the tip!

Bill

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #49 on: Dec 28, 2005, 03:41 PM »
Hey Willy, I think the should be fine for a four wheeler. Some of the local out fitters are starting to put huts out(27th) there is 6 inchs of good ice 1 inch of white ice but a 8 wheeler was running around.I would bring the bike, the road gets alot of cars parking on it and the walk to the can be 3/4 of a mile long. Make sure you watch the parking signs and stay back 1 car length from a stop sign, the local cop has been working hard!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 28, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Well just came in from the Rain.... Brrrrr LOL...
KrstyDawg is out there with his FRiend TOni as we speak... They are FROm OHio..
THey Were catching them quite well while i talked to them... Though my bite was the slowest it had been SInce iv'e gotten on the Ice this year.... But they were doing Well as i said... Nice couple  of guys... They were using a AQUA-VU of soem sort... LOL Cheating they called it... Oh well hopefully i can get to fish with them more tommorow... Lets see how she goes... LOL Maybe they might even post of their Trip when they come back...TIght lines all!!!

Offline Tambo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Dec 28, 2005, 05:06 PM »
Yesterday Peter of icecabins was out in his argo, and I say guys moving huts out, might have been Terry Goy

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #52 on: Dec 28, 2005, 06:37 PM »
I must have been fishin close to you Tambo, Pete was driven right by us

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #53 on: Dec 28, 2005, 07:01 PM »
Thanks Toad , we are staying at Petes and I think I will leave the wheeler home this trip seeing it is the first time we been there. If I am understanding things right , it isn't far to the fish! And the fact that my son is 16 and is foamin at the mouth to fish , He will get the clam out there!!

Offline lowerunit

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #54 on: Dec 28, 2005, 07:04 PM »
I hope it cools off tonight, its been pi$$ing rain for the last 5 hours. I hope it won't affect the ice to much, I'm dying to get out there too.

Offline Tambo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Dec 28, 2005, 08:09 PM »
I'll be out there tomorrow...will post a report
Tambo

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #56 on: Dec 29, 2005, 07:29 AM »
Going out and pack up the truck. Should be up there by noon Friday! need to get a new fish license for sunday. Any suggestion on where to get one ,near pete's ice cabins?

Bill

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #57 on: Dec 29, 2005, 04:31 PM »
I live east of Rochester and get mine at the 1000 island Bait Store. Wrong direction this time!!

Offline PheasantTale

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A bad day on the ice beats a good day at work.
« Reply #58 on: Dec 30, 2005, 09:36 AM »
Thanks for the hotel info Mac. 
Wishin' you good Fishin'
and a Happy New Year
(on the Ice)

Dave

PIKEGUY

« Reply #59 on: Dec 30, 2005, 12:22 PM »
Bummer on the slip Mac. It'd be nice to live so close you can just cruise over to Simcoe  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.