Author Topic: Haledon resivior???  (Read 2676 times)

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Haledon resivior???
« on: Jan 24, 2009, 07:59 AM »
I used to fish it illegally when I was a kid. There is an area off Ewing Ave in Franklyn Lakes where there is access and an old sign saying a permit is required to fish there. I snuck in there a few months ago to fish from shore. Based on the trash around it is being fished.

In the last year or so Franklyn Lakes bought it from Haledon. Does anyone know the FL policy toward fishing there especially for ice fishing?
I looked on the web site for both towns and only found that FL bought the place from Haledon no mention of fishing. Usually if you call a municipal government you get some no nothing bureaucrat who won't commit to anything so I haven't called.

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Haledon resivior???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2009, 11:29 AM »
Moved back to NJ 3 years ago and found out a lot of great places, reservoirs with blind groundskeepers, are no go zones post 911. Talked to a gate keeper at Rifle Camp Res. in West Paterson he told me that the kids they catch need a lawyer when caught. So be careful. Have you looked into Animal House in Butler about bait?

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2009, 05:44 PM »
Moved back to NJ 3 years ago and found out a lot of great places, reservoirs with blind groundskeepers, are no go zones post 911. Talked to a gate keeper at Rifle Camp Res. in West Paterson he told me that the kids they catch need a lawyer when caught. So be careful. Have you looked into Animal House in Butler about bait?

That resivior by Rifle camp has always been very tight security.

I live near that Animal House (aka Puppies ,Bait & Tackle) I will check it out tomorrow. Then It can be put on the bait shop list.

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2009, 07:28 AM »
Ask if they carry fatheads please.

Offline metaliczombi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Google showed an Animal House in Butler on 23 right north of Kinnelon Rd.  Is that a B&T shop?  If it is I'll be in there most weekends in the summer picking up bait since it's more convenient for me than Franks.

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2009, 04:26 PM »
I apologize I said I would check it out today and didn't. I had bait from Franks left over from yesterday.

I got nightwalkers there the night before opening day of last trout season.  I haven't bought shiners there for abour 15 years though.They have a sign that still says "live bait" I will check it out during the week since I live nearby.

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2009, 04:41 PM »
I did call Animal House a few days ago and the gal I talk to said yes they do have bait but she seemed confused.

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2009, 07:03 PM »
I did call Animal House a few days ago and the gal I talk to said yes they do have bait but she seemed confused.

I stopped in there today...They do have shiners,but be advised they don't open untill 10 am 11 on Sundays.

The last time I got shiners there was 15-18 years ago then they had some tackle also. Now they don't.

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2009, 07:12 AM »
Thanks 4 checking.

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2009, 04:33 PM »
I got an e mail from franklin lakes rec dpt....no fishing at the resi.

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2009, 05:33 PM »
Bergen county isn't generous to icemen either.

Offline FishinHardWater

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keepin it on the dry side since 2000
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2009, 07:11 PM »
same thing with all hunterdon county, county owned waters, no ice anything! (not even allowed to walk on ice here)  :embarassed:

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2009, 05:01 PM »
same thing with all hunterdon county, county owned waters, no ice anything! (not even allowed to walk on ice here)  :embarassed:

I think that may be the case on Barbers Pond on Garret Mountain  (Passaic County park)

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Bergen county isn't generous to icemen either.

Union County is the same...they won't even let ya open water fish the biggest body of water in the county  >:( >:(
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.