Author Topic: My Dads lost and found.  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Fatfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
My Dads lost and found.
« on: Apr 20, 2013, 07:43 AM »
My Father was getting older and not quite as fast as he should have been. He always had to use 2 poles,he would jig one and minnow the other. Poles in each hand.On this day I was not with him,and being retired he icefished everyday.  He caught one on a jig ,and while unhooking the caught fish,there went his other pole down the hole. The ice was 5in thick,but you could see through it. Two young boys chased that pole all day,chopping holes where ever the pole stopped. This went on for hours. The pole finally got caught in some weeds and didn't move. The young boys chopped through and received the pole with a 16 in Crappie on the end. My Father tried to give them the fish and pole but they would not take either.  This was first ice before Christmas,so Dad bought both of the boys a new pole for Christmas. (small community,and Dad knew these boys) You see that there are good people out there. My Father has passed for 33 years now,and yet I see the boys,now men out icefishing,they will come up to me and ask if I have lost a pole,and laugh. And we would talk of the time it got away but got caught again. They still use the poles that my father gave to them. Some good memories.     Jerry

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
Re: My Dads lost and found.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2013, 07:46 AM »
Awesome story! Hard to beat those kind of memories
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline black55

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: My Dads lost and found.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2013, 12:32 PM »
That is the best kind of memory to have of your dad!
I live in the great state of Dazed and Confused !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.