Author Topic: Sucks to say..  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sucks to say..
« on: Dec 18, 2015, 08:04 AM »
http://m.accuweather.com/en/us/enfield-ct/06082/extended-weather-forecast/2239_pc

If this extended weather forecast is any sort of accurate I seeing see any ice in my area well into January. We've been spoiled the past two years with 2 feet of ice in some spots. Unless this weather pattern changes I don't think we'll see anything like that. Good thing I have fishing licenses up north I guess
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sucks to say..
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2015, 08:15 AM »
Even up north they are moaning over late ice. Hope Sacandaga freezes this year. Think late and short season.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2015, 08:25 AM »
based upon this long range forecast, we might get about 2 days of fishable ice before it starts to warm up

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2015, 10:16 AM »
Once the the 21'st hits every day gets longer and the sun angle decreases and it becomes stronger...It isn't looking really good.  No very doubtful that I will stand on The King this year.  Now thinking about a trip to Upper Red Lake for eyes in MN.  23hr drive from my house...will take a week of vacation and go if needed.

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2015, 10:19 AM »
I was going to drop some money on some new equipment this year but I'm actually thinking about holding off this year and renewing my Florida fishing license.

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2015, 10:21 AM »
Then again a really short season might make for some awesome sale deals!

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2015, 11:31 AM »
At least after 12/26 every night is below 32 through Feb.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2015, 12:21 PM »
Then again a really short season might make for some awesome sale deals!

I'm thinking this too

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2015, 12:44 PM »
If the long range forecast holds there should be ice in CT by the third week in January. Looking at forecasts near the large NY lakes, they may not freeze completely but there should be fishable ice late January.  :tipup:

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2015, 01:27 PM »
If the long range forecast holds there should be ice in CT by the third week in January. Looking at forecasts near the large NY lakes, they may not freeze completely but there should be fishable ice late January.  :tipup:

Grab your walleye buddies and we'll get a convoy going to upper red lake!  I've been doing some research and it looks like a great place to clean up with the jig stick!

Offline livetoicefish90

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live to fish and fish to live. It's my way of life
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2015, 05:08 PM »
In January we will have some nights that are well below freezing. I know during the day it anywhere from 35-50 degrees but I can see ice coming middle of January and all we need is one snow storm to keep that Ice there for a while, idk I'm just hoping for some ice soon and enough to get a good month or so out of ice. I remember last year I didn't get out until the 3rd week of January and fished up to the weekend before opening day so hopes are still high  ;D

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2015, 10:40 PM »
There is no way I'm waiting till mid January....road or air I'm out of here so if anyone is planning a trip lets talk.Sales are good but i could care less about another piece of equipment in garage i would rather use it towards gas $ to drill some holes.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2015, 05:56 AM »
Talk to me Jammer.  Starting Jan 1 I have 15 days of PTO to use and I want to take a week and go somewhere.  Prefer to drive.

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2015, 06:39 AM »
Upstate ny will freeze by mid Jan,its always 10 degrees colder there,big snow off the lakes will help freeze them in this weather,Black lake ,Oneida would be good road trips

Offline Tom G

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2015, 05:55 AM »
No ice..no problem..

I'll be on my boat…just saying.

Offline BWB-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2015, 10:00 AM »
Had a business meeting in Saratoga Springs last week and the individual I met with usually ice fishes Lake George. He's a bit frustrated as well but feels things should turn around soon!! If things keep up like this in CT I told him I would be "scheduling another meeting with him" in January... ;)
"If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago". Zane Grey

"The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming; thus it is with time". Leonardo DaVinci

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2015, 10:16 AM »
Yeah, I'm not too concerned yet. Still time for an improvement in the weather. Nothing better than seeing the weatherman be wrong, again.  ;D

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2015, 12:07 PM »
it is only the first day of winter

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2015, 12:10 PM »
I'm deer hunting with only 1 set of long johns. Even the deer don't know it's winter .

Offline Fisher Kat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2015, 01:04 PM »
Went to the Arrowhead Ice Fishing show in Duluth, MN a couple weekends ago and they were all complaining.  I think they had a cold snap in the meantime.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2015, 05:47 PM »
Had a business meeting in Saratoga Springs last week and the individual I met with usually ice fishes Lake George. He's a bit frustrated as well but feels things should turn around soon!! If things keep up like this in CT I told him I would be "scheduling another meeting with him" in January... ;)

I fish the King a lot too.  Fingers crossed but keeping in mind that it has a history of not freezing in past years.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.