Author Topic: Black Pond quickie, Middlefield  (Read 895 times)

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Black Pond quickie, Middlefield
« on: Dec 24, 2010, 12:16 PM »
Slept in today to get some rest for an Italian Christmas eve. I was set up around 10:00 on 5 1/2 inches of black ice. The ice varied by depth. as 1 guy went out to 17 feet it thinned out to 3/12, still safe but wary.  Hooked 2 bass and 1 catfish with another bass lost in the hole and a few chew and screws. Talked with a couple guys, one who had lost a good trout the day before.  I packed it in at noon. Not to bad of a day to start the new season.

Offline Perfect Hook Set

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A true Lie
Re: Black Pond quickie, Middlefield
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2010, 01:08 PM »
Very nice

A good quickie is always fun  ;D        :tipup:
Next time you go to cwood let me know how many fish you didnt catch.

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2010, 04:42 PM »
hit the pond today for a few hours to try out the new flasher, and i LOVE IT, caught 5 trout, 2 perch and lost a calico at the hole. was awesome to see the fish come to the bait. ill be back out there earlier tomm to beat the rush. if anyone is gona be out the look for me ill be near the rock slide jiggin most of the morning come see the 55 in action!!
Team Goldfish 55 :-D :-D
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2011, 06:17 PM »
after our goldfish adventure yesterday, me and Gabe got out on black pond today to jig for some trout, i caught one and we both marked alot of fish, slow day but at least we marked fish!!! love the challenge.

- team goldfish 55
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:04 PM »
congrads on the fish guys
No, I mean I REALLY REALLY LOVE TO FISH!!!

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:16 PM »
Glad you got out. Between my daughters birthday and a wedding on New Years eve it was kind of crazy for me. Passed by Saturday to check out the ice, but with sneakers on I wasn't going out on the slop.
That flasher's turned you into a jigging machine. Glad your enjoying it. Looking to maybe hit Highland next Saturday with my brother.

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:20 PM »
love the toy, once uncas is definatly safe ill be trying to plan a trip down there (yes ill break character and set some traps!!!) with the other half of team goldfish 55
lifetime jigging goals:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.