The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: woodbury  (Read 1089 times)

Offline jakecode

• IceShanty Rookie
woodbury
« on: Jan 22, 2013, 07:03 AM »
anyone having any luck at woodbury, looked pretty busy at the access last weekend

Offline vtbuckrulrss

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: woodbury
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2013, 08:29 AM »
I was wondering the same.  Drove by about 3:30 yesterday, 8, 10 shanties out there, plus a few others.  Was wondering how the ice was too, I saw water next to the shore at the boat access.
Silly rookies, traps are for animals!!  Tilts are for kids!!  Fishermen use tip ups!

Offline PerchSlayer67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "It's a big one guys!"
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2013, 06:15 PM »
They were getting some small browns there saturday.. honestly the place sucks ice fishing.. you pretty much feed the pickerel.. I know woodbury like the back of my hand and if you want some nice browns near by go to peacham. And they got some bass but the bass # has dropped like crazy the past few years its crazy.. Doesn't help when people keep 13 14" bass...
"Ice is on the lake so we're going Fishin!"

Offline Lmacvt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2013, 08:14 PM »
It doesn't help when they keep small trout either. Hopefully the small browns were released. I was there Saturday and it wasn't our best opening day of trout season there but we had fun. Some guys had a line of tipups spread out about 300 yards from their shanty. They had a flag for a good 10-15 mins before they started walking over. By then the hook and fathead are digested and coming out the other end

Offline PerchSlayer67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "It's a big one guys!"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2013, 06:19 AM »
It doesn't help when they keep small trout either. Hopefully the small browns were released. I was there Saturday and it wasn't our best opening day of trout season there but we had fun. Some guys had a line of tipups spread out about 300 yards from their shanty. They had a flag for a good 10-15 mins before they started walking over. By then the hook and fathead are digested and coming out the other end

Yeah some people are rediculous. Probably a couple of lazy guys shoving there faces with food and didn't bother getting there flag after they were done eating. You have a good point we caught a brown on our farthest flag at a different lake monday and the thing swallowed the hook bad cuz it took us a lil bit to get to the flag. Luckily it was a keeper. But seriously why was the place so packed!? the place doesn't even hold good trout or bass like it used to!

Offline jakecode

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2013, 01:13 PM »
thanks guys for the info, might head up to the big lake this weekend

Offline Rickybobby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2013, 05:38 PM »
From what I heard if you like catching gills it's the place to be,that's why it's busy.

Offline Lmacvt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2013, 06:20 PM »
Really? I hardly see anyone jigging. Had to have been close to 100 tipups out this past weekend

Offline vtmopar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2013, 11:33 AM »
From what I heard if you like catching gills it's the place to be,that's why it's busy.

Really?  ???
this used to be a friendly forum.........

Offline Rickybobby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2013, 12:53 PM »

Offline vtbuckrulrss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2013, 03:51 PM »
    Why would anyone in their right mind purposely go after a trash fish that should only be caught to clean up the waters they infest and turned into fertilizer?  Never will understand that train of thought, but then again that's what I was taught and raised.
Silly rookies, traps are for animals!!  Tilts are for kids!!  Fishermen use tip ups!

Offline PerchSlayer67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "It's a big one guys!"
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2013, 06:20 PM »
are you talking about woodbury or the lake? I would hope u mean the lake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.