Author Topic: First post, need some help  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Frozenfish

• IceShanty Rookie
First post, need some help
« on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:24 AM »
I'll start by saying, wow, looks like a great site!  Have a question, some of you might be able to help me out.  I've been fishing this private lake for a few years now and need some expert advice.  This will be my first year with a flasher.  I've done well on Pike and ok on Crappie on the hard water in the past.  However I would really like to target Crappie this year and Walleye.  This lake is pretty loaded with all types of fish excepts the eyes, not many at all.  Plenty of Pike, Gills and Crappie.  The link below will take you to the lake I fish.  Where would you fish for Crappie during the ice fishing season?  How about Walleye?  I've never caught a walleye on this lake but have seen a few caught during the hard water season.  Any help is much apprecaited.  It is a great fishing lake, just need to pointed in the right direction.

http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/SPATIALDATALIBRARY/PDF_MAPS/INLAND_LAKE_MAPS/OAKLAND/ELIZABETH_LAKE.PDF

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: First post, need some help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2007, 07:36 PM »
WELCOME TO ICE SHANTY!
I've never been to that lake but from what I see there is a lot of structure at the southwest corner. I'd probably start there and then keep an eye open for where the locals are setting up to fish.

:tipup:

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
Re: First post, need some help
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2007, 08:36 AM »
Might try posting this in the Michigan sub forum.  Lots of folks on there from Oakland Co.

Welcome to the site.  It's good to have another Troll on the forum.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.