Author Topic: jig paints  (Read 1228 times)

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
jig paints
« on: Nov 09, 2011, 09:28 PM »
I have read around until my eyes are fuzzy.  Looking to use a air brush to spray some jigs.  I am pretty sure I do not want a vinyl type, also looking for something that sprays nice, covers well and does not leave a thick layer of paint to get the job done.

Any brands people have used before with good success?
Don

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
Re: jig paints
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2011, 10:45 PM »
have you looked in the jig making section instead of general chit ? that would be the best place for this thread as well... lots of crafty people on there and i know some use air guns...better chance of one of them seeing it there then in general.

this might be naughty to recommend another forum, but there is a forum called tackleunderground.com  dedicated to making lures, lots of info on what airbrushes people are using specifically for lure craft.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2011, 09:15 AM »
argh,  I never seen the jig making board,  I never looked at the subforums.   :(
Don

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2011, 09:25 AM »
well what the heck man!!!! some of the best info on this site is all filed away nice and organized for ya!!!!

a moderator will see this thread and move it for you soon enough,once its in the jig making section im sure someone else will chime in.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2011, 10:14 AM »
I have surfed like half of that forum and gotten some really good stuff to bookmark already. 

hopefully it will be moved.
Don

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2011, 10:32 PM »
you can also print a thread,,, the print button is down by the reply button, then you can find a thread with lots of good info and then take that thread with you to the store and the salesman will know exactly what you want and what your trying to create... i wish i could personally tell you what you need, but i have zero experience with air brushes..sorry bud, good luck.

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2011, 02:12 PM »
I think dipping is easier. Just my opinion.
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline flyfisherman83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2011, 11:35 PM »
jus do it and see what works

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.