The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Going to try and fish Tongue River reservoir this weekend possibly?  (Read 423 times)

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hey all I am having to make a work trip down to Colorado this weekend. I will be in the Tongue River Reservoir area Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. I'll be staying in Sheridan. Is the ice safe enough to go out on this weekend with all this warm weather? I'd love to fish Tongue for a few hours just to see it and such. I have never been and I rarely get over there so if the ice is good I would like to take the opportunity and fish it. Any suggestion on where and how to fish it? I'll be in a rental car, on foot on the ice, probably have just a perch/panfish jigging setup and a tipup rigged for pike. Most likely I would be fishing Sunday morning for a few hours, not sure if I will make it in to Sheridan early enough Saturday to fish that afternoon or not but it is a possibility. Suggestions for what bait to use and where to pick it up at would be appreciated too.

Bullelk34

Haven't fished there in years, but I always did well by Rattlesnake Point. I looked for 20-30 FOW for walleyes on tipups and hopped around for crappies. I hear there is a well-stocked vending machine that has minnows, probably your easiest option. You may want to ask this question in the Wyoming forum, the Sheridan guys fish it alot and would probably have better intel--

Good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.