Author Topic: Need help making a bait can  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Sudsmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Need help making a bait can
« on: Mar 04, 2005, 09:07 PM »
Does anyone have any instructions on how to make a chumming can that you drop down your spreader line ...once ther you give it a shake and it empties its contents ....thanks in advance.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: Need help making a bait can
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2005, 02:05 PM »
U can do it quite easily. Take a soup can. Drill a couple small holes on the side near the bottom. Just enough to loop thru a Cooper wire or wire of some sort..Then CLip a fishing clasp onto that.so that the clasp can attach to your line. You can also wire it so you can wire a bell sinker to the bottom for weight(Inside the can.) Drill a Hole in the bottom  of the can (small enough for the wire) Put the wire thru the bell sinker top part then Slide thru the bottom hole and make a knot or something to that effect so that the Bell sinker stays inplace inside the can.. ANyhow So once that is all done just DRop the can and contents clipped to your line down to the bottom. Ones its there gives it some shakes and pull her up. She will tip sideways becasue she is attached near the bottom of the Can make it topple quite easily. Really inexspensive and can be DOne in like 10 mins :> Good luck if your not sure what i mean please PM me. Tight lines!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Sudsmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Thanks
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Had one years ago and just couldn't picture it in my head ....building one now

Offline chaoticfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Need help making a bait can
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2005, 05:44 PM »
Does anyone have any instructions on how to make a chumming can that you drop down your spreader line ...once ther you give it a shake and it empties its contents ....thanks in advance.
Sudsy, go to this sight and look through the articles there. The bottom baiter is what you are looking for. Good instructions and a hand drawn pic, looks real easy.
http://www.southalgonquinfishing.com 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.