New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: sandy pond  (Read 59661 times)

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
Re: sandy pond
« Reply #240 on: Dec 20, 2019, 09:18 PM »
All that confidence...and, you need to practice??? On the pond???.....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂lol!!
Yes confidence not cocky “king”perch  :roflmao:🤑🤑
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #241 on: Dec 20, 2019, 09:47 PM »
there might be a chance at this new name thing time will tell 🤐😋

Yo Goonboy,
Does that mean you and the schizoid self or you and like a real other person are going to be entering ?  :blink: :blink:
Just wondering.

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #242 on: Dec 20, 2019, 09:53 PM »
Booked a room at the wigwam for friday night before the tournament. Mrs. OB doesnt like getting up at 430 to go from Oswego to the pond. She said she will be more "in the zone" if we stay on the pond the night before 🤣

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #243 on: Dec 21, 2019, 01:58 AM »
Yo Oby,
Not a bad idea. I was talking with Kyle when you did so. Kyle has 2 more rooms. First come first serve. Jigger and Kracken are familiar with other lodging entities on the Pond.
We will provide a list with phone #s for out of towners.

Hotel Boggey already has 4 buddies booked but can put one more on an air mattress.  ;D.
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #244 on: Dec 21, 2019, 05:18 AM »
Yes confidence not cocky “king”perch  :roflmao:🤑🤑
That would be KingPerch to You sir!!!😁
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #245 on: Dec 21, 2019, 05:51 AM »
I love it when we all drop any pretense of modesty.  @) @)

Boggey

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #246 on: Dec 21, 2019, 06:54 AM »
Yo gonna suck for all the losers who lose to a couple losers.......... @) @) @)   ;D ;D ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #247 on: Dec 21, 2019, 09:06 AM »

Boggey

Well, you guys did not rule out white perch in the ruules  >:D  Jim and I may have to take our results to the judges.  (Who are they?)   :P

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #248 on: Dec 21, 2019, 09:17 AM »
For our out of towners......Super 8 in Pulaski..315-298-4888.    EIS House Mexico ...315-963-3830.       Port Lodge Motel Pulaksi 315-298-6867.                Red Carpet Inn Pulaksi 315-298-4717. Off my head if you need more ..will do. John
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #249 on: Dec 21, 2019, 11:09 AM »

Boggey
Well... beenperchin spelled my name incorrectly... There’s a capitol K and P he forgot!!!!😂

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #250 on: Dec 21, 2019, 11:11 AM »
I’m really looking forward to this tourney!!😎🎣🕳

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #251 on: Dec 21, 2019, 11:21 AM »
kING pERCH I might grab my nephew  for  this :) be fun

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #252 on: Dec 21, 2019, 01:39 PM »
Well, you guys did not rule out white perch in the ruules  >:D  Jim and I may have to take our results to the judges.  (Who are they?)   :P

C'est moi , seven stripes only. :nono:
:nono:

Boggey

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #253 on: Dec 21, 2019, 01:41 PM »
😂 I was wondering when you were going to chime in. It wouldn’t be right if you didn’t join us!!😎

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #254 on: Dec 21, 2019, 01:48 PM »

Yo Trap,

Pull your brother out of retirement. Just what we need, more septagenarians.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #255 on: Dec 21, 2019, 02:27 PM »
I thought about asking my mom if she wanted to show some people up who are Ice fisherman
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #256 on: Dec 21, 2019, 02:51 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,
Finally, scratched that itch today. Went out from Wig-Wam. My fishing pard had to scratch due to the fact his furnace kept kicking off and he didn't get any sleep.

A quick survey of the Pond witnessed 6 shanties and as many pail sitters. Since I was alone, I settled in between a couple shanties and introduced myself. "Boggey who?", was the rejoinder.. As always I disarmed the situation by informing them they would have to move because they were fishing on my spot. Good thing I was smiling when I said that as they were all strapping young fellas and gratefully. they possessed a sense of humor similar to my own.
   After introductions, I settled in near proximity to there shanties and started cutting my first holes of the season. 1 pole jigging 2 dead sticks, Nada, nearly an hour before my first bite. All this time I am listening to them giving high fives and loudly proclaiming " Wow! another monster walleye." On fairly rapid succession this occurred 4 times
. Meanwhile old Boggey is sitting there on my pail, a mere 50 feet away with nary a bite to show for my efforts. Humiliating.
    Mustering up as much salvageable pride possible, I walked over to congratulate them and offhandedly queried" what jigs are you guys using?"they were all using blue castmasters. I said I only had silver and green. Shane, one of the three lads went back to his shanty and pulled out a brand new castmaster in a blister pack and gave it to me. " You can keep that sir" he said.
    Did I tell you it was my first day back on hardwater? Did I tell you I was nearly skunked my first day out? Nearly I say for when the young men, Shane, Ryan and Jeff left. I pirated there holes and saved the day with a nice fat 22 inch walleye. Do you know what I call that?  Lunch

Thanks to my new friends
Boggey

Offline chaumontriverguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #257 on: Dec 21, 2019, 03:24 PM »
 ;D ;)

Offline Genebob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #258 on: Dec 21, 2019, 03:33 PM »
Great story Boggey!!! 

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #259 on: Dec 21, 2019, 03:49 PM »
Great FISH STORY boggey. Would love to see that fat Waldo. I as well made it out to not so good of luck. Bad ice and small perch
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #260 on: Dec 21, 2019, 05:48 PM »
C'est moi , seven stripes only. :nono:
:nono:

Boggey
I did not see that on the poster!  And how come I have to reference Webster nearly everytime I read one of your postes?  septagenarians  that's a good one.  Good thing it doesn't include me, yet.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #261 on: Dec 21, 2019, 06:06 PM »
Yo Phil,

You'll get there sooner than you want my friend.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #262 on: Dec 21, 2019, 06:15 PM »
I tried to attach a picture of the walleye from the phone. It just sits there and spins and then times out with no attachment. Not enough data ?   Phill?

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #263 on: Dec 21, 2019, 07:30 PM »
I tried to attach a picture of the walleye from the phone. It just sits there and spins and then times out with no attachment. Not enough data ?   Phill?
LOL, I got about 4 mos.  I think 70 is going my toughest ever.  ::)   I'd have to see you and your device to know how you are trying to doing that.

Offline BCIMZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #264 on: Dec 21, 2019, 10:17 PM »
How much ice does the pond have so far?

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #265 on: Dec 22, 2019, 01:55 AM »
How much ice does the pond have so far?

Read the Sandy Pond Reports and Conditions Thread .

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #266 on: Dec 22, 2019, 06:55 AM »
Boggey, did you try the “ add image to post “ option at the bottom of the post reply page? There is a blue “P” under where you post, click on that, then you can add a pic to your post from your phone.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #267 on: Dec 22, 2019, 07:32 AM »
Well... beenperchin spelled my name incorrectly... There’s a capitol K and P he forgot!!!!😂

Well little king little perch, lol I think I spelled correctly but where did you go with the cold temps. My ice is already melting. 😮😪
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #268 on: Dec 22, 2019, 08:11 AM »

Well little king little perch, lol I think I spelled correctly but where did you go with the cold temps. My ice is already melting. 😮😪
Wise-ass!😁 the weatherman said the temps were going to rise!! Be safe!! Good luck!

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #269 on: Dec 22, 2019, 08:42 AM »
Great story Boggy and congrats on the eye!!!

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.